ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does turned down L1 Appl. have effect on my VWP status?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dsab85

Does turned down L1 Appl. have effect on my VWP status?

Post by dsab85 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:10 am

Hi,

I have been to the US a few time some years ago without any problems. As I am a EU citizen I can go without a Visa under the VWP. But I am aware that you have to apply for a visa if you have been refused entry to the US previously.

Now I am not sure of my status reagarding this:

3 years back my employer decided to transfer me to the US. So the companies immigration lawyers in the we filled out the Intra-company Transfer request (l1), which was turned down. I don't know if it was turned down because of me, or my qualifications or because my company had exceeeded it's quota. Company then decided no to appeal and to keep me locally, as some things had changed anyway.

I never had to go to the US embassy to physically apply for a visa, as I didn't get the necessary paperwork from the US.

So would the refusal of the paperwork in the US already count as "Entry Denied"?

Regards,
dsab85

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:08 pm

You'll have to answer "yes" to the question about having had a visa denied, and give details. Most likely it won't matter.

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:26 am

Marco 72 wrote:You'll have to answer "yes" to the question about having had a visa denied, and give details. Most likely it won't matter.
On second thoughts, I'm not sure if this counts as having had a visa denied.