ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ESTA Help: URGENT

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shrutikashah
Newly Registered

ESTA Help: URGENT

Post by shrutikashah » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:13 pm

Hi all,

I am currently a British passport holder (British citizen) but had an Indian passport up until September last year. I am visiting the US next week & need to sort out my ESTA.

After adding all my British passport information, the next question is "Have you ever been issued a passport or national identity card for travel by any other country?" They also ask for the passport number, issuing country & the expiration year. My questions are -

Although the expiration year stated on my old Indian passport is 2020, it was revoked as I surrendered it last year when I got my British passport. Do I need to enter the passport details considering that it is no longer valid? If yes then should the expiration year be what is stated on my Indian passport (2020) or should it be the year that it was revoked (2020)?

Also, I have held 2 other Indian passports prior the one stated above. Do I need to provide the details for those as well?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Cheers,

takdeerwala
India

Re: ESTA Help: URGENT

Post by takdeerwala » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:56 am

I have the same question. Please let us know whether revoked date was written or full validity in ESTA application ???

FXR_1340
Member of Standing

Re: ESTA Help: URGENT

Post by FXR_1340 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:54 pm

Personally, I would not mislead the US Immigration and would answer the question asked. The qustion being "Have you ever been issued a passport or national identity card for travel by any other country?". It would appear that in your case the answer is Yes.

Dont forget having an ESTA does not mean you will get access to USA. If they IO who does your check at his border is not satisfied, he has the power to deny you entry.

If there is any doubt about getting access, I would go via Dublin and clear US Immigration there. Its easier and cheaper to return to UK from Dublin than USA.

Its your call.