ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ESTA if I am British but living in Brazil

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ivetalopes

ESTA if I am British but living in Brazil

Post by ivetalopes » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:11 pm

Hi guys,

I am looking for a bit of advice.

I am a British citizen married to a Brazilian national and we currently live in Brazil.

My first question is : Can I apply for ESTA if I live in Brazil? I read a lot online but I can't find this information anywhere. Do I have to be resident in the UK to be able to get an ESTA?

Second question: Once I apply can I add my husband to that application too to accompany me on holiday. He is Brazilian.

Thanks in advance

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: ESTA if I am British but living in Brazil

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:36 pm

As a British citizen, you don't need a visa for the US but you need to apply for an ESTA before you go.

The application is made online and doesn't depend on where you live. Just enter your address in Brazil when asked to.

You can apply here for the ESTA:
https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

You cannot add anyone to your ESTA. The ESTA is individual. Each traveler with a passport that qualifies for the Visa Waiver Program needs a separate ESTA.

However, Brazil is not on that list:
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel ... ogram.html

So a Brazilan passport holder needs a visa to travel to the US. Your Brazilian partner cannot and doesn't need to apply for an ESTA. A visa is required.

ivetalopes

Re: ESTA if I am British but living in Brazil

Post by ivetalopes » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:09 am

Thank you very much!