ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ESTA REFUSE

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

jay.ho
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:02 pm

ESTA REFUSE

Post by jay.ho » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:17 pm

hi all

my visit visa to us refused on 2015 when i was Pakistani citizen and i had uk permanent radiance. now i am British citizen . i apply for ESTA and by mistake i click the answer no i didn't refuse usa visa. its been approved because of covid immigration officer stop me and said you write the answer no and u been refused and you can not go to usa because of covid-19. and my esta rejected.

i apply again esta after 2 weeks and tits not authorised.

my question is if i apply for usa visit visa to usa will i get the visa or its goanna be refused. what's the chance to get visit visa of usa.

User avatar
Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Posts: 2450
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:13 am
Mood:

Re: ESTA REFUSE

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:03 am

Hello

You are not eligible to ESTA if you have been refusal a visa before.

If you are in a path of immigration in the UK and that leads to citizenship, I don't recommend applying for a US visa. Travel there only when you get the British citizenship. Otherwise, a refusal will stick to your records regardless of your citizenship. A naturalisation doesn't cancel your previous immigration records and history.

Your should have responded "Yes" to that question about visa refusal. As you tried to hide it and it was discovered, you are now done for deception. You can still try to apply for US visa but I don't put great faith on it. You were refused once. Then you changed citizenship and tried again while hiding previous refusal and they found out.

jay.ho
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:02 pm

Re: ESTA REFUSE

Post by jay.ho » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:46 am

thanks for your reply. i am a British citizen now...

jay.ho
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:02 pm

Re: ESTA REFUSE

Post by jay.ho » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:04 am

i am a British citizen now and i apply again for esta and its been not authorised.

my question is if i apply for visa. it gonna be refuse or not.

User avatar
Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Posts: 2450
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:13 am
Mood:

Re: ESTA REFUSE

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:54 am

I know you are British citizen but this doesn't change anything to:

- Previous visa refusal which makes you ineligible to ESTA
- Previous attempt to obtain ESTA by hiding previous refusal

You can always apply for US visa. I can't tell you if you will be approved or not. You need to try and see. But if your situation didn't change much since last refusal, you will be probably denied again especially after having dissimulated it in the failed ESTA application.

jay.ho
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:02 pm

Re: ESTA REFUSE

Post by jay.ho » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:45 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:54 am
I know you are British citizen but this doesn't change anything to:

- Previous visa refusal which makes you ineligible to ESTA
- Previous attempt to obtain ESTA by hiding previous refusal

You can always apply for US visa. I can't tell you if you will be approved or not. You need to try and see. But if your situation didn't change much since last refusal, you will be probably denied again especially after having dissimulated it in the failed ESTA application.

People can do mistake and i accept i did mistake which is i said to officer as well thats by mistake . Well situation is changed now before i work now i have my own business and i got house as well its only for holidays purposes nothing else

User avatar
Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Posts: 2450
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:13 am
Mood:

Re: ESTA REFUSE

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:57 pm

You just did two mistakes with the wrong people.

The last thing you want to do in life is to misrepresent things with US Immigration officials. Many people ended up banned for life from the US. Entry to the US is not a right but a privilege. Once they see a pattern they don't like, they refuse you. The threshold for refusal is really low.

jay.ho
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:02 pm

Re: ESTA REFUSE

Post by jay.ho » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:06 pm

sir i really want to visit is it very slim chance or i will get it ...

jay.ho
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:02 pm

Re: ESTA REFUSE

Post by jay.ho » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:08 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:57 pm
You just did two mistakes with the wrong people.

The last thing you want to do in life is to misrepresent things with US Immigration officials. Many people ended up banned for life from the US. Entry to the US is not a right but a privilege. Once they see a pattern they don't like, they refuse you. The threshold for refusal is really low.

is it very slip chance to get the visit visa or its i know i did mistake

THO
Member of Standing
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:12 am
Vietnam

Re: ESTA REFUSE

Post by THO » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:07 am

You will not get a visa. You have burned the bridge, the US immigration do not consider if you might have made a mistake, they look at what you did and take that as intentional, regardless.

They are strict on immigration, especially from Muslim countries.

jay.ho
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:02 pm

Re: ESTA REFUSE

Post by jay.ho » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:20 am

THO wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:07 am
You will not get a visa. You have burned the bridge, the US immigration do not consider if you might have made a mistake, they look at what you did and take that as intentional, regardless.

They are strict on immigration, especially from Muslim countries.
you mean i will never get visa for life time.....

THO
Member of Standing
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:12 am
Vietnam

Re: ESTA REFUSE

Post by THO » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:26 am

I would say that is highly likely. You are on a black list now, and the ESTA is applied for on-line, there is no place to explain a mistake. The US are concerned about people absconding, or of going there with the intent to do harm, and as you apparently tried to cheat once, you're a person who cannot be trusted.

Maybe you could try to visit the US embassy in UK and explain there, but this is just a guess and I would not know how to go about getting an appointment.

jay.ho
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:02 pm

Re: ESTA REFUSE

Post by jay.ho » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:52 am

THO wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:26 am
I would say that is highly likely. You are on a black list now, and the ESTA is applied for on-line, there is no place to explain a mistake. The US are concerned about people absconding, or of going there with the intent to do harm, and as you apparently tried to cheat once, you're a person who cannot be trusted.

Maybe you could try to visit the US embassy in UK and explain there, but this is just a guess and I would not know how to go about getting an appointment.
Well its says if your esta is refuse you have to apply for visa through embassy..

THO
Member of Standing
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:12 am
Vietnam

Re: ESTA REFUSE

Post by THO » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:01 am

Good, so maybe you can get it overturned. Maybe Biden's administration will be less strict than Trump.

Let us know know if you do get a visa, just don't apply for an ESTA on-line as you don't want to seem like you are desperate. Also, don't forget, they can still turn you away at the immigration in US, just because you have a visa does not 100% let you in.

Do you have a good reason to go to USA? What is it?

jay.ho
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:02 pm

Re: ESTA REFUSE

Post by jay.ho » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:20 pm

Well its only for holidays which i want to go thats all . If you check online its also said if you been refused before us visa and your esta denied and you have to apply for visa you can not travel on esta .

THO
Member of Standing
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:12 am
Vietnam

Re: ESTA REFUSE

Post by THO » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:59 pm

Well, if you do go to the US embassy and apply there, you will need to take overwhelming evidence that you have a reason to return to the UK. i.e. you have a wife and child, or a property that you own, run a business. Something more than just a job with a note from your boss saying they have given you some holiday.

What do you have to demonstrate you will return?

jay.ho
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:02 pm

Re: ESTA REFUSE

Post by jay.ho » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:25 pm

I have business in the uk i have my own property which is on my name moreover i got 2 babies aged 4 and 1 .

User avatar
Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Posts: 2450
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:13 am
Mood:

Re: ESTA REFUSE

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:49 pm

To respond to your question, I believe that your chances of getting a US visa are very low.

You said in your ESTA application that they never refused a visa to you before. Then you said the same to an immigration officer. The immigration officer was your last chance to come clean and correct your mistake. But once you persisted, you ruined chances of recovery.

Try to apply for a visa. If they refuse you, it means you are not going to visit the US during this life. You have to come to peace with this at one point.

jay.ho
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:02 pm

Re: ESTA REFUSE

Post by jay.ho » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:05 pm

No i said immigration officer that my visa been refused back 2015 , i tell the truth to him , he said but on your esta application you said its never been refused, then i accept it in front of him that i dod the mistake, i didn’t lie in front of him

User avatar
Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Posts: 2450
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:13 am
Mood:

Re: ESTA REFUSE

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:58 pm

Where was that immigration officer? In the US or in London?

jay.ho
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:02 pm

Re: ESTA REFUSE

Post by jay.ho » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:24 pm

He was in London ....

jay.ho
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:02 pm

Re: ESTA REFUSE

Post by jay.ho » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:05 am

In London airport he said you can travel because of Covid-19 and you have to apply for b2 visa and travel to us

lolo2
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:14 pm
Venezuela

Re: ESTA REFUSE

Post by lolo2 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:41 pm

I understand that you applied for an ESTA twice in a matter of 2 weeks, is that right?

If you want to apply for a B1/B2 visa I think you still can try, but I would strongly suggest you to wait 1-2 years until you do this. I would say 1.5 years as a safe timing.

If you apply now for a B1/B2 visa (or any other visa to the US) right after an ESTA has been denied twice in a very short time, your chances for another denial increase exponentially and most likely you will not be granted any visa in the future, perhaps during your lifetime as mentioned before. Wait until let's say summer next year and your chances can improve a bit.

And never lie in any immigration application to the US. Even a little innocent mistake is not allowed under any circumstance.

jay.ho
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:02 pm

Re: ESTA REFUSE

Post by jay.ho » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:42 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:41 pm
I understand that you applied for an ESTA twice in a matter of 2 weeks, is that right?

If you want to apply for a B1/B2 visa I think you still can try, but I would strongly suggest you to wait 1-2 years until you do this. I would say 1.5 years as a safe timing.

If you apply now for a B1/B2 visa (or any other visa to the US) right after an ESTA has been denied twice in a very short time, your chances for another denial increase exponentially and most likely you will not be granted any visa in the future, perhaps during your lifetime as mentioned before. Wait until let's say summer next year and your chances can improve a bit.

And never lie in any immigration application to the US. Even a little innocent mistake is not allowed under any circumstance.
Thanks for your reply i refused 4-5 time in 2 month and i was not aware about this matter

lolo2
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:14 pm
Venezuela

Re: ESTA REFUSE

Post by lolo2 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:23 pm

jay.ho wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:42 pm
Thanks for your reply i refused 4-5 time in 2 month and i was not aware about this matter
That's a lot of applications in a very short time! :shock:

If you apply for a B2 visa now, I can guarantee your application will be denied.

You must wait a reasonable time to increase your chances as explained before, however it is not a guarantee of approval.

Be sure you can demonstrate strong roots in the UK when applying. This includes all your family members: wife, children need to apply at the same time too, in case they need a visitors visa.

Locked
cron