ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long to hear about visa applied for in Australia?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Amazonia
Newly Registered

How long to hear about visa applied for in Australia?

Post by Amazonia » Sun May 20, 2018 12:53 pm

Hi,

I had another account here but had to rejoin as it wouldn't let me login or send a new password link.

Anyway. I'm in a LDR of nearly 4 years with a NZ/USA citizen who currently lives in Australia. He's visited me a few times over here for several months at a time and I've been over there twice too but the idea is that he would move over here. We got engaged in November, haven't set a date yet or anything yet.

Anyway, he had an appointment to get a Visitor Visa at the end of last month. This is a 6 month visa for the US. He went to his appointment and got finger prints taken and that was that. But it's been 3 weeks and he's heard nothing. Is this normal or could there be a problem? I told him to get in touch with them and find out what's happening but I thought I'd ask here too.

Thanks for any advice.