Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, Zimba, Administrator
- Newly Registered
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:49 pm
Hi all -
I am a British citizen and I live and work in the UK. My fiancée is an American citizen and lives and works in the US. I want to join my fiancée in the US as soon as possible. I have three options on the table right now:
1. I have been working with a UK organization (a charity) for the last 5 years. We are in the process of growing our office in the US (a 501c3) and I could request an L-1 transfer visa (my organisation is keen that I support the development of our strategy in the US in a managerial capacity).
2. I can apply for a fiancée visa.
3. Or, we can get married and then I can apply for a spouse visa.
I would like to better understand the implications of choosing any one of these paths in terms of:
- Whether one is “quicker” or “easier” than the other
- Any implications on my longer term plans on staying in the US
I am grateful for any advice!