ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

London based green card applicant - help!

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zeddie

London based green card applicant - help!

Post by zeddie » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:53 am

Hi all, I am a marriage based green card applicant in London UK. My wife is in NJ now.

I had my visa medical appointment on the 30th of April 2021 in London and didn’t pass it due to missing some vaccination records.

I completed my visa interview on the 10th of May 2021 and it was failed pending the medical pass naturally but that was the only thing pending.

Due to covid it took my months to find those vaccination records abroad and I finally found them early this month. (September) I passed the medical last week and the medical people said that my record of the passed medical have now been passed back to the US embassy in London so they can conclude the case.

Now the problem is that I need this visa to arrive (not sure if they’ll call me or post it or what) before the end of October. 30th of October is the deadline of 6 months since my medical appointment on the 30th of April otherwise the medical is invalid!

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Will they give me the entry visa in time? There is no way to speak to them on the phone here in London. Really don’t know what to do and I’m panicking as I miss my family there and don’t want to lose the whole green card opportunity.