ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

on tier 2 applying for b2 us visa

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

karan270
Newly Registered

on tier 2 applying for b2 us visa

Post by karan270 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:53 pm

Hi I am working on a Tier 2 visa in the UK and want to visit my sister and her family in the US in the summer.
I plan to apply at the London embassy. I have a steady job and a good bank statement.

Does applying at the UK embassy as opposed to India (my citizenship) make it more difficult to convince my ties out of the US? I have no property in the UK...

Thank you

chapelle
Newly Registered

Re: on tier 2 applying for b2 us visa

Post by chapelle » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:24 pm

Hi karan270,

If I could understand your query well enough, I do not think that the country where you are applying for your US B2 visa would really affect the decision of the assessor. What will matter is the genuity of your travel to the US and any reason why you wont return to your current place of residence which in this case is the UK . I think your stable job here in the UK is good enough to let you in to the US.

I have been through that root in the past and my B2 visa was granted at the london embassy even though I am a common wealth citizen and was also allowed in at the port of entry. It is simple I think..