ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US Green Card to Canada - Possible?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

peterjoejones
Newly Registered
Guyana

US Green Card to Canada - Possible?

Post by peterjoejones » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:26 pm

Hi All,
I am an elderly US green card holder and I heard that I can move to Canada to live, work, etc without needing a visa, etc. is this true? The reason is because my younger brother lives in Canada and it is easier to live with family, as it is hard alone in US.

BUT if i move to Canada, does this mean i could lose my green card as i may be considered no longer residing in the US? i have about 2 years before getting my US citizenship.

See, the thing is, I petitioned for my unmarried daughter (30) who lives in the UK, and she is supposed to be my primary carer if she gets here to the US, but it will take another few years at least (unless i could expedite it - anyone know if possible?).

if i moved to Canada, could i then petition for her from Canada under a family category, that will be faster than waiting for the US priority dates. Any help or general advise will do. thanks.

Peter

peterjoejones
Newly Registered
Guyana

Re: US Green Card to Canada - Possible?

Post by peterjoejones » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:24 pm

Is it possible for someone to reply or shed some light on this? please. or have i posted this on the wrong section of this website?

Thanks