ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US tourist visa, help

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AlexWN
Philippines

US tourist visa, help

Post by AlexWN » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:26 am

I recently applied for US tourist visa for 3 days holiday to New York and I’ll be travelling with my partner of 9 years who is a British citizen. I’am currently on leave to remain visa under same sex partner. This is my first US visa application

My question is

Will my previous overstayed in the Uk affect my application?

When I was filling up the online form, there’s no question in regards to my previous uk immigration history. Although I haven’t been refused or applied a US visa before

Miss_tito
Newly Registered

Re: US tourist visa, help

Post by Miss_tito » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:33 am

No,it wouldn’t. I recently attended my visa appointment(few days ago to be precise) and I was asked the following questions:

How did you come into the UK?
How long did you overstay?
How did you get your stay?
How were you able to sustain your self during that time?
What do you do for work?

And some other questions that might not be relevant to your situation. The key thing is telling the truth,be composed and confident. You should be able to prove you’ve got strong ties to the UK too. My visa was granted.

I was also able to provide documents to back up my answers. I didn’t wait to be asked for the documents to before passing it to the visa officer (tho I asked if the officer would like to see the docs)

And oh,It was my first US visa application too.

Best of luck with your interview
AlexWN wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:26 am
I recently applied for US tourist visa for 3 days holiday to New York and I’ll be travelling with my partner of 9 years who is a British citizen. I’am currently on leave to remain visa under same sex partner. This is my first US visa application

My question is

When I was filling up the online form, there’s no question in regards to my previous uk immigration history. Although I haven’t been refused or applied a US visa before

Jjbakerr
Newly Registered

Post by Jjbakerr » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:36 am

AlexWN wrote:

My question is

Hi there,

We’re you able to get an interview appointment in London and also how long did it take to get the interview?

I’m looking to apply for a us tourist visa too but I’ve heard there’s 4-6 months wait for an interview. Is this true.

Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:06 pm

Jjbakerr wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:36 am
AlexWN wrote:

My question is

Hi there,

We’re you able to get an interview appointment in London and also how long did it take to get the interview?

I’m looking to apply for a us tourist visa too but I’ve heard there’s 4-6 months wait for an interview. Is this true.

Thanks
No idea about London, but in Dublin nearest appointment (as of early April) is in September. What you said is, most likely, not far from the truth.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

AlexWN
Philippines

Post by AlexWN » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:04 pm

Miss_tito wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:33 am
No,it wouldn’t. I recently attended my visa appointment(few days ago to be precise) and I was asked the following questions:

What do you do for work?

And some other questions that might not be relevant to your situation. The key thing is telling the truth,be composed and confident. You should be able to prove you’ve got strong ties to the UK too. My visa was granted.

I was also able to provide documents to back up my answers. I didn’t wait to be asked for the documents to before passing it to the visa officer (tho I asked if the officer would like to see the docs)

AlexWN wrote:

My question is

Thanks for this.

Did they do their own research about your UK immigration history? Or you disclosed this information during the interview?

Miss_tito
Newly Registered

Post by Miss_tito » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:03 pm

AlexWN wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:04 pm
Miss_tito wrote:

What do you do for work?

AlexWN wrote:

My question is

Thanks for this.

Did they do their own research about your UK immigration history? Or you disclosed this information during the interview?

As someone who works in Data related field,I would say it’s possible they have access to that information. However I can’t say for sure.
One thing I noticed is whilst I was answering the questions,the visa officer kept looking at his screen. More like he was checking to see if what I was saying matches my records.
To answer your question,I disclosed this information at the interview. I don’t think it’s worth lying about as it’s possible they already have that information.

AlexWN
Philippines

Post by AlexWN » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:37 pm

Miss_tito wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:03 pm
AlexWN wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:04 pm
Miss_tito wrote:

What do you do for work?

AlexWN wrote:

My question is

Thanks for this.

As someone who works in Data related field,I would say it’s possible they have access to that information. However I can’t say for sure.
One thing I noticed is whilst I was answering the questions,the visa officer kept looking at his screen. More like he was checking to see if what I was saying matches my records.
To answer your question,I disclosed this information at the interview. I don’t think it’s worth lying about as it’s possible they already have that information.
I know Immigrations cannot access to any information if there is no request for “this information” to be provided in any application visa.
However, in case the UK immigration shares the information with the US immigration, this issue might be raised at the interview, but we cannot know for sure.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:35 pm

The US officials dealing with these visa applications like plain and calm answers to their questions during the interview.

If they don't ask about your past immigration status in the UK or elsewhere, you don't need to talk about it. In fact, it can be counterproductive to start talking about something that they don't ask. You just need to tell the truth in line with your inputs to the application, and you will be fine.

AlexWN
Philippines

Post by AlexWN » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:30 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:35 pm
The US officials dealing with these visa applications like plain and calm answers to their questions during the interview.

If they don't ask about your past immigration status in the UK or elsewhere, you don't need to talk about it. In fact, it can be counterproductive to start talking about something that they don't ask. You just need to tell the truth in line with your inputs to the application, and you will be fine.
I agree, like for example in questions “who’s travelling with you and relation to you” I put my partner’s name then mistakenly put spouse as the relation, although we are not married, but in 9 years unmarried partner, so that requires clarification at the interview, I’m sure they will ask the same question .

AlexWN
Philippines

Post by AlexWN » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:24 pm

Another question:

When I submitted my DS160 form, I did not upload digital photo, I was told by a adviser the photo on the application form is an optional feature.
Is this correct?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:36 pm

See also Additional Requirements for Nonimmigrant Visas
Applicants using Form DS-160 or Form DS-1648

If you are applying for a nonimmigrant visa by filling out the DS-160 or DS-1648 online form, the form will instruct you to upload your digital image as part of completing the online visa application form. Review the Digital Image Requirements, which also provide additional requirements if you are scanning an existing photo.

Some embassies and consulates require visa applicants to bring one (1) photo, which meets requirements, to the interview. Review the embassy or consulate instructions where you will apply to learn more.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AlexWN
Philippines

Post by AlexWN » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:23 pm

vinny wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:36 pm
See also Additional Requirements for Nonimmigrant Visas
Applicants using Form DS-160 or Form DS-1648

If you are applying for a nonimmigrant visa by filling out the DS-160 or DS-1648 online form, the form will instruct you to upload your digital image as part of completing the online visa application form. Review the Digital Image Requirements, which also provide additional requirements if you are scanning an existing photo.

Some embassies and consulates require visa applicants to bring one (1) photo, which meets requirements, to the interview. Review the embassy or consulate instructions where you will apply to learn more.
Thanks vinny
I just have to bring one photo to the interview, uploading photo is an optional.

Can I still upload photo though once the application has already submitted?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:25 pm

Unsure. You can try logging in to your application and see the options?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:14 pm

AlexWN wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:30 pm
I agree, like for example in questions “who’s travelling with you and relation to you” I put my partner’s name then mistakenly put spouse as the relation, although we are not married, but in 9 years unmarried partner, so that requires clarification at the interview, I’m sure they will ask the same question .
If they ask you should answer the truth. It's difficult to predict what they will ask.

In any case, on the day of the interview you can take some documents proving your relationship: joint bank account statements (if any), bills, council tax, etc. where your and your partner's name appear under the same address. Also include a photocopy of your partner's passport.