ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US tourist visa with cautions

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pigwhistle
Newly Registered

US tourist visa with cautions

Post by pigwhistle » Tue May 31, 2016 7:17 pm

Hi looking at going to the USA for the first time I have 3 cautions one for battery one for handling stolen goods and one for Tresspassing. What I'd like help with is to find out if it's still possible to get a Visa for tourism purposes has anybody else here been with cautions or would I be wasting my time? I understand I sound a right no life given my history but I'd appreciate any help.

noajthan

Re: US TOURIST VISA WITH CAUTIONS

Post by noajthan » Tue May 31, 2016 7:34 pm

pigwhistle wrote:Hi looking at going to the USA for the first time I have 3 cautions one for battery one for handling stolen goods and one for Tresspassing. What I'd like help with is to find out if it's still possible to get a Visa for tourism purposes has anybody else here been with cautions or would I be wasting my time? I understand I sound a right no life given my history but I'd appreciate any help.
My understanding is you'd fail the online ESTA application.

Maybe you'd be called to embassy for interview.
I had a colleague who was - and was granted after interview.

Check FAQ on US gov ESTA website.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: US TOURIST VISA WITH CAUTIONS

Post by cs95tdg » Tue May 31, 2016 7:55 pm

pigwhistle wrote:Hi looking at going to the USA for the first time I have 3 cautions one for battery one for handling stolen goods and one for Tresspassing. What I'd like help with is to find out if it's still possible to get a Visa for tourism purposes has anybody else here been with cautions or would I be wasting my time? I understand I sound a right no life given my history but I'd appreciate any help.
I presume you are either a visa national & if not (i.e. You are a visa waiver national) you'd still be required to apply for a visa due to your background. So you'd be applying in person at the US embassy, where you would also be interviewed on the day as is standard practice when anyone applies.

The following may be helpful to get an indication of whether you'd be deemed ineligible based on your personal circumstances & history. https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/ ... ities.html