ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US Visa for Uk citizen Suggestions Please

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sadguy
Newly Registered

US Visa for Uk citizen Suggestions Please

Post by sadguy » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:04 am

Hi
I am new to the forum , I would like some information about moving to USA . I am a British citizen by naturalisation, born in Pakistan. I have a management job in an independent restaurant, no criminal records. I never been to USA I have some friends who are doing businesses there who are quite successful.
I wanted to go to USA to do business there probably a restaurant . What’s the best option for me an E-2 visa? Or I go there on esta and apply in country . I don’t have any funds available here but I have some land in home country which I can sell if I need to and get the funds over to USA .
I don’t mind waiting a year or so but I want to do it properly so I don’t get refused.
Any suggestions will be great to how I go about this.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: US Visa for Uk citizen Suggestions Please

Post by THO » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:54 pm

Did you do any research into what visas there are that you could use, before posting on the forum, because I don't think you have any options.

However, you do not say how much money you have, i.e. the value of the land you owe, and what investment you could take to start that business.

sadguy
Newly Registered

Post by sadguy » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:42 am

As far as I understand E-2 visa is the option . I have around 100k gbp worth of land if I sell .

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:44 pm

E-2 are nonimmigrant visas, these are temporary (see: https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/treaty-t ... /overview/)

If you want to move to the US you need to apply for an immigrant visa.

Probably £100k is not enough to apply for an Investor visa to the US. You also need to consider all the other expenses apart from the main investment: taxes, legal fees, etc. However that will also depend upon the size of the business.

You can ask an immigration lawyer knowledgeable of this process about your options.

fms05
Newly Registered

Post by fms05 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:29 pm

hi Sadguy - you can PM re. the process as i am in the same boat as you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:42 pm

fms05 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:29 pm
hi Sadguy - you can PM re. the process as i am in the same boat as you.
The user doesn't have PM access yet. Anything to do with process you can post publicly with official links. Nothing needs to be on PM only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.