ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

USA visit visa from UK for visitors

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zaf1
Pakistan

USA visit visa from UK for visitors

Post by zaf1 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:45 pm

Hello,

I want to know if it is possible for someone on a visit visa in the UK (2 year multiple entry) to apply for a USA visitor visa B1/B2 from the UK ?
My mother is a Pakistani national, she often comes to visit me in the UK. I want to know if she can apply for a USA visitor visa from USA London embassy? I understand that it may be 90 days for a visa interview appointment but if she plans to stay in the UK for 4 months she can apply for DS 160 when she arrives and get her interview slot within her travel visit duration ?

I heard there is an international law which requires anyone applying for a visa to have 6 month valid passport and also 6 month duration left on the visa ? Although she has multiple entry UK visa but can not stay beyond 6 months single visit.

Second question, if she can apply can I go to the embassy to assist her with interview ? Not to answer interviewer questions on her behalf but to translate and/or to hand over the right documents as requested. Will they allow ?

thanks. Please help asap

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: USA visit visa from UK for visitors

Post by Ticktack » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:07 pm

zaf1 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:45 pm
Hello,

I want to know if it is possible for someone on a visit visa in the UK (2 year multiple entry) to apply for a USA visitor visa B1/B2 from the UK ? The length of the multiple entry visa isn't a plus, just so you know. Anyone can apply for a US visa from another country if you wished. It's left for the consular officer to interpret that move as he/she pleases. The buck stops with them.
My mother is a Pakistani national, she often comes to visit me in the UK. I want to know if she can apply for a USA visitor visa from USA London embassy? Just always nicer to apply from your home country or country of residence, so that one can show ties to country. I understand that it may be 90 days for a visa interview appointment but if she plans to stay in the UK for 4 months she can apply for DS 160 when she arrives and get her interview slot within her travel visit duration ? Yes, she could even book the date before she arrives in the UK.

I heard there is an international law which requires anyone applying for a visa to have 6 month valid passport and also 6 month duration left on the visa ? Although she has multiple entry UK visa but can not stay beyond 6 months single visit. There's no international law like that. Every country have their entry requirements spelt out differently depending on country of Passport and country you're entering. The US like your passport to be valid for 6 months beyond your stay. As far as I know, the US is the only country that decides how long you can stay at the POE especially for sticker visas.

Second question, if she can apply can I go to the embassy to assist her with interview ? Not to answer interviewer questions on her behalf but to translate and/or to hand over the right documents as requested. Will they allow ? You'd have to check with the US embassy. Modus Operandi might have changed post Covid-19.

thanks. Please help asap Not an on demand service.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!