ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Muslim/Arabic Names

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

imrankhannsu
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Visa for Muslim/Arabic Names

Post by imrankhannsu » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:56 pm

Hi All,

I have heard stories of people with ESTAs having problems especially if they have muslim or Arabic names. Based on this applying for a visa.

Was wondering a few things:

- Do I apply for the ESTA first before I make an appointment for a visa?
- What kind of questions are asked?
- What are the current times to get an interview
- How long after the interview does one get the visa?

Thanks in advance

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Visa for Muslim/Arabic Names

Post by broli » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:12 am

My colleague who is he born in the Eu , was blocked , he reached the usa with an EU passport but was not allowed to enter the state because of his name , and was sent back to ireland. So you may not have an interview and still be denied entry. If you want to be sure go and apply for visa at the embassy (even with visa you could still be denied entry :arrow: )

He got a letter few month letter that he could now travel .

I dont think you should be worried beforehand :mrgreen: i have dozen of muslim friends and colleagues they never experienced such issue.

(Unfortunately that the world we are living in ) even a western name with non Muslim people have had this issue