ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Czech embassy in London.

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ATAPCP
Newly Registered

Czech embassy in London.

Post by ATAPCP » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:15 pm

Hi There,
Is there anyone here who has had a recent experience at Czech embassy in London in regards to getting a schengen visa for their non-eu spouse with UK stay (not eea family member visa)?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:33 pm

Nope.

Is any one of the family members an EU citizen? If so of which country?

ATAPCP
Newly Registered

Post by ATAPCP » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:56 pm

Yes, one of the family member is British Citizen.
We are just going on holiday. Flying through Germany.
We are going to fill the application form for schengen visa only the ones required (without *).
We are also planning to just turn up at the czech embassy without the appointment as mentioned on their website.
Any comments.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:03 pm

Please send a link to where it mentions that on their web site!

Sounds good.

You could also apply for a Schengen visa by post from the German embassy if you wish. They are quite professional.

ATAPCP
Newly Registered

Post by ATAPCP » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:20 pm

http://www.mzv.cz/london/en/visa_and_co ... ction.html

VISA FOR FOREIGNERS TO TRAVEL TO THE CZECH REPUBLIC

VISA UP TO 90 DAYS

All applications for visa up to 90 days require an appointment. Appointment can be made by calling 09065 540 727 on 24-hour fully automated service operated in conjunction with Cablecom Productions. (Calls cost 1 GBP per minute from BT landlines. Other network costs may vary.)
Telephone inquiries: 09065 508 931 (Calls cost 1.02 GBP per minute from BT landlines. Other network costs may vary.)

Address: 30 Kensington Palace Gardens, W84QY London

Opening hours the Visa Section

Submitting visa applications: Monday - Friday 9:00 - 12:00 by appointment only (unless for a family member of an EU citizen)

Collecting visa: Monday - Thursday 14:00- 15:00, except for Czech Republic and UK national days and bank holidays.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:56 pm

Sounds good.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:02 pm

Side note: If you want a really awful visa experience, go to the Spanish embassy in London. Super rude staff who yell and who do not understand the law related to the visas they are issuing.

CZ looks good from what is written here. And my experience with Germany has been very good.

tangweichongare
BANNED

Post by tangweichongare » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:36 am

You could also apply for a Schengen visa by post from the German embassy if you wish. Image

toabetterchange

HELLO

Post by toabetterchange » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:59 pm

hello everyone,

is there anyone who applied with this embassy yet?

I was told we can apply by post as well.

I have tried to book an appointment with the French, Italian, German, Dutch, etc here in Scotland and I have to wait more than 6 weeks for this :(

So I need to try with different consulalte ...

ATAPCP
Newly Registered

Update on Czech Embassy

Post by ATAPCP » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:33 am

Just so that other people can benefit from my experience I am sharing my experience of the czech embassy below.

#Went to Czech Embassy on Tuesday

#Went with partner (UK Citizen- I am non EU Citizen)

#Went prepared (Application form-only filled areas where spouse needs to fill, although didn't need took, bank statements, money, travel insurance, itinerary for whole trip, travel documentation, uk visas, both passports)

#Reached at 9 am, no queue, only 1 allowed in however family member is permitted

#went to the counter at 9.02 am, showed application at the counter

# The guy at the reception looked at the application and CP CERT and said you do not need a visa for Czech republic as I am the family member of the EEA citizen

# I explained that German embassy requires me to have it as I flying to Czech republic through Germany

#Then they said go to German embassy to get the visa as you are not required to have the visa in Czech (on the border issued)

#Confirmed that German embassy had said that contact Czech embassy as the stay is for Czech republic.

#After consulting he said OK we will accept your application however would need to see all the documentation (highlighted as a partner not needed all)

# He said that I have to pay for the visa (£47 ) and show travel insurance documents, bank statements etc if I want the visa from them.

# As was first experience I didn't want any hassle so paid up and gave all the documents required.

Awaiting visa

Will update once received

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:43 am

He said that I have to pay for the visa (£47 )
Who did you pay this money to? The German embassy itself directly?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Update on Czech Embassy

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:23 am

ATAPCP wrote:Just so that other people can benefit from my experience I am sharing my experience of the czech embassy below.

#Went to Czech Embassy on Tuesday

#Went with partner (UK Citizen- I am non EU Citizen)

#Went prepared (Application form-only filled areas where spouse needs to fill, although didn't need took, bank statements, money, travel insurance, itinerary for whole trip, travel documentation, uk visas, both passports)

#Reached at 9 am, no queue, only 1 allowed in however family member is permitted

#went to the counter at 9.02 am, showed application at the counter

# The guy at the reception looked at the application and CP CERT and said you do not need a visa for Czech republic as I am the family member of the EEA citizen

# I explained that German embassy requires me to have it as I flying to Czech republic through Germany

#Then they said go to German embassy to get the visa as you are not required to have the visa in Czech (on the border issued)

#Confirmed that German embassy had said that contact Czech embassy as the stay is for Czech republic.

#After consulting he said OK we will accept your application however would need to see all the documentation (highlighted as a partner not needed all)

# He said that I have to pay for the visa (£47 ) and show travel insurance documents, bank statements etc if I want the visa from them.

# As was first experience I didn't want any hassle so paid up and gave all the documents required.

Awaiting visa

Will update once received
I have come across a situation before where an applicant was told by the Czechs that he did not need a visa as he has a UK residence permit as UK spouse (not a residence card).

Interesting, it appears that the Czech's were saying as you don't need a visa, if you insist we will charge you for it.

Don't think you should have been charged though.

Punjab
BANNED

Re: Update on Czech Embassy

Post by Punjab » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:45 pm

you don't need a visa if u have residence card in ur passport and if u r travelling with or travelling to join ur eu eea partner.
however if u are travelling with her or even to join her u need to apply for a visa if u dont have above document and it FREE OF CHARGe.

you need to ask ur money back.

u need to have visa from ur first port of entery or from the country with maximum staying period

ATAPCP
Newly Registered

Visa Issued

Post by ATAPCP » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:12 pm

Well just received my passport back.

I have been issued 6 months multiple entry visa schengen visa.

I really am not that bothered about the charge as it was nominal. It just proves that for the next time I will have no issues getting the visa.

The reason I paid was because I had gone to London to get this and I didn't want it to be rejected or not issued as Germans were causing trouble anyway.

I do not have "Family member of EEA citizen" on my passport or the biometric card. Mine is limited leave to remain. So I suppose that makes the situation complicated too.

Next time I will apply by post.

I had two choices either do the above or have the airport transit visa issued by German embassy (as I am flying through Germany) I have chosen the earlier option.

Czech are right in one way as they have said to me that if I fly direct I do not need a visa and that would be issued at the border. Which in itself poses other issues. Airline etc.

So keep my sanity I decided to pay.

Would be nice to hear from others as to what their experience has been!!!

Punjab
BANNED

Re: Visa Issued

Post by Punjab » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:18 pm

ATAPCP wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS. i have

http://www.west-info.eu/files/visa1.jpg

AND

in my passport. I always had trouble with this airline staff even if my wife is travelling with me or I am joing her.

I had a big support from French embassy and German embassy as those issue me long visas on hearing my problem. But its also true that I travel in my car through france and also travel to fussen a lot. as my wife is from hungary I req multi visa from hungary though I had to pay as I was going there alone. received a big support from them as well as they too issued 1 yr multiple visa for £50 as i was travelling alone otherwise they too told me I dont need the visa.

Gemrman embassy even send u a letter free of charge saying no visa neneded.

ATAPCP
Newly Registered

Post by ATAPCP » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:58 pm

Punjab thanks for that.

My situation is entirely different from you.

Yes I am spouse and have biometric card however I have neither of the visa issued to you (EEA spouse visa or the permanent card), however thanks for sharing.

I will see how it goes. My partner is British so there is another twist to that as hungarian citizen is EEA citizen (schengen origin) while UK is out of it.

UK always have to make everything complicated. Island mentality I suppose.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:18 pm

Punjab wrote:...
If you wish to protect your identity, I would consider deleting much more than you've scored out.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:21 pm

ATAPCP wrote:Well just received my passport back.

I have been issued 6 months multiple entry visa schengen visa.

I really am not that bothered about the charge as it was nominal. It just proves that for the next time I will have no issues getting the visa.

The reason I paid was because I had gone to London to get this and I didn't want it to be rejected or not issued as Germans were causing trouble anyway.

I do not have "Family member of EEA citizen" on my passport or the biometric card. Mine is limited leave to remain. So I suppose that makes the situation complicated too.

I had two choices either do the above or have the airport transit visa issued by German embassy (as I am flying through Germany) I have chosen the earlier option.

Czech are right in one way as they have said to me that if I fly direct I do not need a visa and that would be issued at the border. Which in itself poses other issues. Airline etc.

For those of us who do not live near an embassy, I understand. It can be a real pain organising time off just to attend an embassy. It might have cost you more to refuse to pay and come back again (I don't think you should have had to pay in the first instance).

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:22 pm

ATAPCP wrote:Punjab thanks for that.

My situation is entirely different from you.

Yes I am spouse and have biometric card however I have neither of the visa issued to you (EEA spouse visa or the permanent card), however thanks for sharing.

I will see how it goes. My partner is British so there is another twist to that as hungarian citizen is EEA citizen (schengen origin) while UK is out of it.

UK always have to make everything complicated. Island mentality I suppose.
I am very curious, what does you card say here...

Basically you have a residence permit issued under the immigration rules and this is not generally accepted in lieu of a visa (whereas an article 10 residence card issued under the directive 2004/38/EC will).

Look carefully, does your BRP as the spouse of a British Citizen state that you are a "family member". If not complain.

Regulation (380/2008) says

Quote:
The residence permit of a member of the family of a citizen of the European Union who has not exercised the right of free movement must contain the entry “family member”. In the case of beneficiaries under Article 3(2) of Directive 2004/38/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004 on the right of citizens of the Union and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States (*), Member States may enter “beneficiary under Article 3(2) of Directive 2004/38/EC”.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:18 am

ATAPCP wrote:The reason I paid was because I had gone to London to get this and I didn't want it to be rejected or not issued as Germans were causing trouble anyway.

So what kind of visa did you get in the end?

Was it clear that you were the family member of an EU citizen? Did you provide the EU passport?

Was there a sevice agency involved?

Normally the German embassy has been very good and never charged a fee. That is why I am asking.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:38 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
Punjab wrote:...
If you wish to protect your identity, I would consider deleting much more than you've scored out.
pardon me i didnt get what u want to say

ATAPCP
Newly Registered

Post by ATAPCP » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:49 pm

EU...
# I was given discretionary leave to remain last year and it is valid till 2014.
# I do not hold or have spouse anywhere mentioned on my BRP or anywhere.
# I am a CP of British citizen.
# Yes the proof of EU passport was provided (in fact shown and copy given)
# Also CP certificate was given
# I have enquired from UKBA and "family member of eu..." is only given when you are exercising the treaty rights
# However as I have applied under UK immigration rules EU thing doesn't apply to me
# I have received "C" visa for schengen
# Interesting fact is I have been given 6 month visa, paid money, however the application was filled as a partner of EU citizen. So it is a mixture of both. I could have argued etc etc. BUT would have only lost as they would have said no and that is it. I cannot afford another trip to London just for a visa.
# German embassy will only issue visa if "EU family member is stamped on passport or permanent residence card is there" mine has neither so I am afraid I had to pay up.
#I tried to contact German embassy numerous times to get the answer by email or over the phone but no reply therefore I had to take this action.
#My troubles will only be over once I get the permanent leave to remain in uk.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:22 pm

What does CP mean?

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:23 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:What does CP mean?
civil partner

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:18 pm

ATAPCP wrote: #My troubles will only be over once I get the permanent leave to remain in uk.
I'm not so sure what you mean. Certainly if you apply for British citizenship you will also be a EU national. Otherwise, you will have the same issues that you are currently faced with.