ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa - Parents on ILR, Child got British Passport

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

paji1034

Schengen Visa - Parents on ILR, Child got British Passport

Post by paji1034 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:24 pm

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 72&start=0

I was reading above post and thought if some one can explain me term 'Family Member' used in the above link.

I have ILR and my wife got the same and we are living in UK. Our daughter who born in UK got british passport (We first registered her as British using MN1 form and then applied British passport).

Now my question could myself and my wife apply for Schengen visit visa as our daughter got British passport?

paji1034

Re: Schengen Visa - Parents on ILR, Child got British Passpo

Post by paji1034 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:02 pm

paji1034 wrote:http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 72&start=0

I was reading above post and thought if some one can explain me term 'Family Member' used in the above link.

I have ILR and my wife got the same and we are living in UK. Our daughter who born in UK got british passport (We first registered her as British using MN1 form and then applied British passport).

Now my question could myself and my wife apply for Schengen visit visa as our daughter got British passport?

Just an update, I applied for Schengen visa in Italian consulate... The lady on the VFS counter said you do not need anything like payslips, marriage certificate, employment letter as your child is British national. Also she you and your wife do not need to pay for visa fee.

I asked her to double check but she said as long your child who is British passport holder is travelling along with you do not need these bits...

I was surprised and now bit confused if we will get visa......

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:49 pm

Interesting, please let us know how you get on.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:40 pm

A Family member of EEA national travelling together doesn't need to pay for a Schengen visa and doesn't need to answer the questions in the form marked with *.

paji1034

Post by paji1034 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:43 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Interesting, please let us know how you get on.
I will keep you updated... This is very interesting interpretation of the european directive...

I think it will take at least 2 or 3 week for outcome of the application...

yvo1234

update

Post by yvo1234 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:09 am

Please update, have you got visa.......Thanks

paji1034

Re: update

Post by paji1034 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:57 pm

yvo1234 wrote:Please update, have you got visa.......Thanks
I got email and sms message that application has been processed on Friday 28th Sept. I opted for postal delivery. I think it will be delivered on tomorrow hopefully.

I will keep updated.

paji1034

Re: update

Post by paji1034 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:20 pm

Got the visa.

It is multiple entry visa and valid for a month.

Yahooo..

Thansks for all help.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:12 pm

Good for you.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: Schengen Visa - Parents on ILR, Child got British Passpo

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:58 pm

paji1034 wrote:
paji1034 wrote:http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 72&start=0

Just an update, I applied for Schengen visa in Italian consulate... The lady on the VFS counter said you do not need anything like payslips, marriage certificate, employment letter as your child is British national. Also she you and your wife do not need to pay for visa fee.

I asked her to double check but she said as long your child who is British passport holder is travelling along with you do not need these bits...

I was surprised and now bit confused if we will get visa......
Same thing happened in German embassy in 2006. No need to pay the visa fee since the child had a British passport.

Explanation: your British child has a right of free movement, but obviously only when accompanied by the parents. So this ends up being a European free movement visa.

sierra
- thin ice -

Post by sierra » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:14 pm

:lol: congratulations thats great
directive 2004 can you please explain someting what kind of residence card would be issued to non eu parent of eu national child if they apply residence on behalf of child as currently we are in italy and local police station said to my husband either he can apply residence card on marriage to eu national or father of eu child will eu child parent residence card be issued under article 10.
or there is another provision also.thanks

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:43 pm

sierra wrote:directive 2004 can you please explain someting what kind of residence card would be issued to non eu parent of eu national child if they apply residence on behalf of child as currently we are in italy and local police station said to my husband either he can apply residence card on marriage to eu national or father of eu child will eu child parent residence card be issued under article 10.
or there is another provision also.thanks
Parents of an EU child: maybe same and maybe different. Depends on the member state you are in. Not so clear cut. Parents of an EU child is mostly covered by case law like Chen. Did you ask them?

Why are you exploring the two very different options?

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:11 pm

This sounds positive.

My children are UK citizen and I and my partner are eligible for naturalisation during this summer (on ILR now).

Meanwhile we want to apply for long term schengen visa purely for tourism purpose for travelling along with our UK citizen children. I have held schengen visa with German RP in past (almost 8 years ago).

Would I and my partner be granted long term multiple entry schengen visa if we make an application (both adults Indian passport holders) now?
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

Angelica

Post by Angelica » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:52 pm

Is this really true?

johnnie33
Newly Registered

Post by johnnie33 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:25 am

UK Citizenship, or Naturalisation, entitles you to a life in Britain, a British passport, unrestricted entry to the UK, and free movement within the European Union (EU).It is possible to apply for UK Citizenship after being granted Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). You may also qualify for British Nationality through Registration or through the Right of Abode in the UK.

It is not mandatory to naturalise once you have been granted ILR (UK Citizenship), but it is advisable to become a British Citizen to ensure you are completely free from British Immigration control forever.

The United Kingdom allows dual nationality. You can become a British National without giving up citizenship in your original country of nationality, if your original country allows it.