ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa for parents quick query?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vivek_tailor

Schengen visa for parents quick query?

Post by vivek_tailor » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:40 am

Dear All,

I am basically from India. I am living and working in Germany based on work visa. I would like to invite my parents based on schengen visa. I have just one question here:

When schengen visa will be start? Is it start at the date of application? or we can provide our own date ?

For example, If my parents wants to come in february 2013, then they can apply visa in the month of december. So the start date of schengen visa will start in the december or they can tell embassy that we are going to germany in february so please start visa from february.

I don't know how schengen visa works. Did they asked you date of traveeling and based on that give visa?

Thanks,

Vivek Tailor

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:34 am

The visa does has a start date based on the information you provide in the application. You can apply up to 3 months before.

vivek_tailor

Post by vivek_tailor » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:00 pm

Jambo wrote:The visa does has a start date based on the information you provide in the application. You can apply up to 3 months before.
Thank you very much. I will provide arrival and departure date in application form. Your information is very useful.

Thanks,

Vivek Tailor

vivek_tailor

Invitation letter for my parents schengen visa

Post by vivek_tailor » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:19 am

Jambo wrote:The visa does has a start date based on the information you provide in the application. You can apply up to 3 months before.
Dear All,

I have question regarding invitation letter. Do I need to provide seperate invitation letter for my parents schengen visa? It is family visa so I can dedicate the letter to my parents or Do I need to provide seperate ivitation letter stating seperate name?

How can my parents write letter stating purpose of travel?...They are visiting us. What else we need to write in the letter?

With regards,

Vivek Tailor