ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family member Spain Visa Fee?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mick5

EEA family member Spain Visa Fee?

Post by mick5 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi Just submitted my visa application even i have " Family member of EEA national" residence permit But just to have less stress i thought better to have a visa. But i sent mail to Spain High commission and got reply that i do not need visa if iam traveling with eea spouse or g friend. but reply was bit late and applied visa to my surprise i had to pay for visa fee which is £70 i've been told iam traveling with my eea national partner free visa is for eea spouse only.
Is it true? I dont mind paying for visa fee but just for my knowledge i like to know.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:05 pm

What exactly did the spanish say in their email? Girlfriend is also free?

But there should not be any need for a visa. And if you do get one it should be free.

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:50 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:What exactly did the spanish say in their email? Girlfriend is also free?

But there should not be any need for a visa. And if you do get one it should be free.
gf is not free:) you must have to show marriage certificate and your RC should state 'Family member of an EEA'

mick5

Post by mick5 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:18 pm

The mail i got from Spanish High Commission it says partner or spouse do not need visa if they are traveling together, but mail i received was after i submitted my visa application any way no regrets at least i wont have any stress.