ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling rules from london to pakistan

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ghouri
Newly Registered

Traveling rules from london to pakistan

Post by ghouri » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:37 am

Dear all

I am an EEA residence card holder i got my card in September and after a month i traveled to my country which is pakistan can any one please tell me how long can i stay in pakistan and when coming back to UK will i need to carry any documents except my residence card..????

Kindly please reply

Thank You

pinkpanter

Re: Traveling rules from london to pakistan

Post by pinkpanter » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:43 pm

ghouri wrote:Dear all

I am an EEA residence card holder i got my card in September and after a month i traveled to my country which is pakistan can any one please tell me how long can i stay in pakistan and when coming back to UK will i need to carry any documents except my residence card..????

Kindly please reply

Thank You
You can stay as long as you can. There is no any such restrictions. However better not more than 6 months in one year. It is advisable to carry your marriage certificate with you. Did you travel alone to Pakistan or you accompanied with your EEA wife??

Sometime IO gives you hard time and you might face many questions at the immigration desk ie. why you were staying too long in Pakistan and investigation about your wife, marriage etc etc.

ghouri
Newly Registered

Post by ghouri » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:42 am

Dear Pink panther

I have traveled all alone and unfortunately i forgot to bring my marriage certificate but i do have a letter from ukba as well as my residence card and the plan for staying in pakistan is not more then a month..

Q:- Can you please also tell me that after getting my residence card i can travel back home any time i want or is there a period of time i suppose to spend with my wife???

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:04 pm

As long as your EEA wife exercising her treaty right in UK and your marriage is sustained you should not be worried. There is no any time period and you can travel anytime.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:46 am

The only thing you need to keep in mind is that if you take breaks of longer than 6 months from the UK per year, it can reset the clock for Permanent Residence in the UK.

Winter in the UK is not so nice. It is pretty dark and damp and cold. But spring and summer is (usually) glorious! Come back in March or April!