ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa - multiple trips in the near future

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vtaneja

Schengen visa - multiple trips in the near future

Post by vtaneja » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:02 pm

Hi All,

I have 3 trips lined up, all confirmed and paid for.

a) Berlin 10-14 May
b) Italy/Spain/France - 27 May - 4 June
c) Spain - 23 August - 1 September

I applied for my wife (pbs dependant UK visa) and myself(tier 1 general) through the German VFS in London. I submitted all documents and also all the bookings for the next 3 trips. I requested them for a multiple entry visa to cover the 3 trips. I already had 7 schengen visas (6 from France and 1 Italy, 3 of these valid for 1 year) in my passport so I was confident that I would at least get a multiple entry visa valid for 3 or 6 months.

To my shock, they gave us a visa valid for the exact 5 days that we are in Berlin. I know that the discretion is with the consulate, but this just seems ridiculous. We come back from Berlin on 14th May and head to Rome on 27th May, so I am worried I might not have enough time after getting back to apply for Italy VFS. Additionally, Italians ask for the marriage certificate to be "legalised", which is another problem. The Germans did not ask for this legalisation so I had hoped they would give us a 3 month visa at least.

We are in complete shock and can't fathom what went wrong.

And from what I understand, now I can't apply for another schengen visa until this one has expired or has been cancelled, right?

Has anybody ever been in this situation? any advice is welcome. This is so frustrating :(

Thanks

mick5

Post by mick5 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:03 pm

I just got my visa from Portugal Embassy in london i applied for 7 days but on a application form i ticked Multiple and got visa for 4 months Multiple.
Did you ticked multiple on a Form?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:14 pm

mick5 wrote:I just got my visa from Portugal Embassy in london i applied for 7 days but on a application form i ticked Multiple and got visa for 4 months Multiple.
Did you ticked multiple on a Form?
As I recall, you are an EU family member, so your case may be different.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Schengen visa - multiple trips in the near future

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:16 pm

vtaneja wrote:Hi All,

I have 3 trips lined up, all confirmed and paid for.

a) Berlin 10-14 May
b) Italy/Spain/France - 27 May - 4 June
c) Spain - 23 August - 1 September

I applied for my wife (pbs dependant UK visa) and myself(tier 1 general) through the German VFS in London. I submitted all documents and also all the bookings for the next 3 trips. I requested them for a multiple entry visa to cover the 3 trips. I already had 7 schengen visas (6 from France and 1 Italy, 3 of these valid for 1 year) in my passport so I was confident that I would at least get a multiple entry visa valid for 3 or 6 months.

To my shock, they gave us a visa valid for the exact 5 days that we are in Berlin. I know that the discretion is with the consulate, but this just seems ridiculous. We come back from Berlin on 14th May and head to Rome on 27th May, so I am worried I might not have enough time after getting back to apply for Italy VFS. Additionally, Italians ask for the marriage certificate to be "legalised", which is another problem. The Germans did not ask for this legalisation so I had hoped they would give us a 3 month visa at least.

We are in complete shock and can't fathom what went wrong.

And from what I understand, now I can't apply for another schengen visa until this one has expired or has been cancelled, right?

Has anybody ever been in this situation? any advice is welcome. This is so frustrating :(

Thanks
This is very frustrating indeed.

vtaneja

Post by vtaneja » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:51 pm

Hi,

Yes, I did tick multiple entries. In fact, I also wrote a cover letter where I requested a multiple entry.

Could the experts comment on whether I can apply for another schengen visa while I have this one (which is valid from 10th May to 15th May)?

Any other advice?

I guess, I'll just have to live with it.

Thanks