ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Business Schengen Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cherrypie
South Africa

Business Schengen Visa

Post by cherrypie » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:59 am

Hi guys,

I am in the UK on a Tier 1 visa. My employer would like me to be able to travel to Europe at short notice if needs be so he has asked that I apply for a business Schengen visa. With the nature of my job I cannot plan very much in advance because things happen very last minute so he wants me to have the visa for when I may require it.

He will provide me with a letter to say that I need to travel for business purposes and that the company will cover my expenses as well as my travel insurance.

However, my problem is that I do not actually have a tripped booked at the moment so I don't have a return flight or a hotel booked. Further to that I do not have an invitation letter from a European company. Is it possible to get a Schengen visa without these?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Regards,
N

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Business Schengen Visa

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:17 pm

EU employers have the right to send their staff (including 3rd country nationals) to other EU states so they can provide services. The visa application should be pretty straightforward, ask the consulate for details. Be specific as to your circumstances.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:14 pm

cherrypie wrote:Hi guys,

I am in the UK on a Tier 1 visa. My employer would like me to be able to travel to Europe at short notice if needs be so he has asked that I apply for a business Schengen visa. With the nature of my job I cannot plan very much in advance because things happen very last minute so he wants me to have the visa for when I may require it.

He will provide me with a letter to say that I need to travel for business purposes and that the company will cover my expenses as well as my travel insurance.

However, my problem is that I do not actually have a tripped booked at the moment so I don't have a return flight or a hotel booked. Further to that I do not have an invitation letter from a European company. Is it possible to get a Schengen visa without these?

Regards,
N
I as was in a similar situation to you last year, & based on my enquiries at both the Spanish & German consulates (as those were the countries I had to travel to) & details published on their websites you will need to have a invitation letter and proof of booked travel for them to grant you a visa. There are other requirements all listed under the consulate website, but the two I mentioned above need to be among them for a business Schengen visa. As I too didn't get much advance notice I was unable to travel for business late last year. This year however, I had sufficient time to get the required documents in place & apply, in time for one of my trips which was planned in advance, so have overcome the problem for the next 3 months as I was granted a multiple entry visa for 3 months.

Based to the information I was given, I'd say you will need to plan your first business trip with sufficient time to get all required documents - requesting a multiple entry visa, which should be backed up by your employer and possibly inviting organisation with justification. I requested a multiple entry visa valid for 12 months & was granted one valid for 3, which at least covers me for the next couple of months, after which I'll have to apply again.

imab

Post by imab » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:49 pm

I believe not. You would need to submit the complete itinerary with medical insurance.
cherrypie wrote:Hi guys,

Regards,
N