ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa for Family Member

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

eddibabyyeah
Newly Registered

Schengen Visa for Family Member

Post by eddibabyyeah » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:16 am

Hello.
Just a quick question. My wife (Thai) applied for a Schengen visa to visit Holland next month for a long weekend with myself on the grounds of been married to a EU citizen (I am English and live in the UK). She lives with me in the UK and has ILR here. On the application we ticked single entry and a visa would only be required for the four days we intended to travel. The visa was granted. To my surprise, its multi entry and valid for a year. Does this mean she can visit other Schengen countries in the next 12 months?

The above may be a silly question to people in the know. But from what I read on the notes with the application. She should only apply to the country which she intends on visiting the longest. Which we did. But now see an opportunity to be able to travel to different countries in the summertime.

Thanks
Paul

liksah

Re: Schengen Visa for Family Member

Post by liksah » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:14 pm

Once the visa is issued, you can use it for other trips. There's no issue as long as your initial application was in good faith. Enjoy your summer trips :)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Schengen Visa for Family Member

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:15 pm

As the spouse of an EU citizen, her permission to enter and reside in any EU state is very strong as long as she travels with you or joins you. If she travels on her own, she would be required to have sufficient funds, insurance etc.