ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to Switzerland for spouse of EU citizen

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

elimanu31
Newly Registered

Travel to Switzerland for spouse of EU citizen

Post by elimanu31 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:17 am

I am an American citizen living in Spain, married to a Spanish citizen. I had long overstayed my tourist visa when we got married, which thankfully did not present any problems in being able to get married and have permanent resident status. While I was still an overstayer, I made the mistake of traveling to Ireland, where I was refused entry. So I still have that stamp in my passport. I am planning a trip to Switzerland. My question is if an officer asks me about the stamp, and I say that I overstayed before, can they use that as a motive to refuse entry now. Or am I secure in being married to an EU citizen, who by the way will not be traveling with me.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Travel to Switzerland for spouse of EU citizen

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:10 pm

There should be no issues with you entering Switzerland from Spain.

toofan
Member of Standing

Re: Travel to Switzerland for spouse of EU citizen

Post by toofan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:00 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:There should be no issues with you entering Switzerland from Spain.
EUsmileWEallsmile is right not many checks in mainland Europe travelling from one country to another.
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>