ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa for - unmarried - EEA family member

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Schengener
Newly Registered

Schengen visa for - unmarried - EEA family member

Post by Schengener » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:59 pm

The Schengen visa centre in London told me on the phone that I can only obtain a schengen visa from Germanu for my partner with a marriage certificate. I am in a state of shock! After all that liberal residence card and free movement achievement, it is not possible to obtain a schengen visa?
It is hard to believe that there can be such discrepancy in EU regulation.
Or are other embassies more liberal than Germany?

In which EU country is it possible to receive a schengen visa through EEA family member route if not married? Are there any countries that at least would accept the relationship status through having a child together?

mick5

Re: Schengen visa for - unmarried - EEA family member

Post by mick5 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:43 pm

Portugal, Spain, Greece, Germany i got Schengen visas from these countries without any problem.
Try Portugal i asked for single entry and got Multiple for 6 months.

Schengener
Newly Registered

Post by Schengener » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:32 pm

Ok thanks. Did you get that as EEA family member or through the normal application process that takes longer and requires more information? And if EEA family member, are you also unmarried?

mick5

Post by mick5 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:54 am

iam unmarried and only Portugal took around 2 weeks others with in 5 working days and traveled with my eea partner.
Thanks

Schengener
Newly Registered

Post by Schengener » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:02 pm

Ok wow the Schengen visa center in London told me for Germany that we need to send a marriage certificate.... I am confused! It sounds like you got one for Germany without such paper. Did u do that through mail or did you have an appointment?
You are very experienced :)

rajsin

Post by rajsin » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:29 pm

AFAIK, Switzerland and Germany would ask marriage certificate if you are planning to travel there with your non-eu partner. The only plus side of applying schengan visa via the 'married to a eu' approach is you don't have to pay the visa fee and also you dont have to show a hotel bookings or a company / invitation letter.

your partner can always apply schengan visa independently but he/she will need to provide a travel itinerary, hotel booking ,company letter, invitation letters, bank statements and of course have to pay the visa and handling fees.