ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

questions regarding unlimited visa Germany

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vivek_tailor

questions regarding unlimited visa Germany

Post by vivek_tailor » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:03 pm

Dear All,

I am working and living in Germany since June 2010. I am non european.

I have unlimited visa under EU blue card which you will get as highly qualified workers after succesfully complted 33 months in Germany.

I have questions here:

1. If you have unlimited visa under EU blue card category, then is it possible to work in another EU country while staying in Germany?
For example, if I have job in denmark and want to stay in germany near borders.

2. If I want to apply german passport after 8 years, does above condition still valid? Alternatively, Is it necessary to work and stay 8 years in Germany for this purpose?

I could not find this information on official german website.

Looking forward to your reply.

With regards,

Vivek

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: questions regarding unlimited visa Germany

Post by ALKB » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:19 pm

vivek_tailor wrote:Dear All,

I am working and living in Germany since June 2010. I am non european.

I have unlimited visa under EU blue card which you will get as highly qualified workers after succesfully complted 33 months in Germany.

I have questions here:

1. If you have unlimited visa under EU blue card category, then is it possible to work in another EU country while staying in Germany?
For example, if I have job in denmark and want to stay in germany near borders.

2. If I want to apply german passport after 8 years, does above condition still valid? Alternatively, Is it necessary to work and stay 8 years in Germany for this purpose?

I could not find this information on official german website.

Looking forward to your reply.

With regards,

Vivek
1.) Do you still have your Blue Card or did you switch to a regular indefinite residence permit?

If you have a regular indefinite residence permit, your right to stay in Germany is no longer depending on a certain job (or any job) in Germany, so you could theoretically commute to Denmark but you would need a Danish work permit for this. I know very little about Danish work permit rules, so can't help with that.

Please note that even an "indefinite" residence permit expires automatically when you leave Germany for longer than six months unless you notify the Ausländerbehörde beforehand and they give you a Fiktionsbescheinigung confirming your right to re-enter Germany after more than six months of absence.

2.) To apply for German citizenship there is a residence requirement of 8 years. At the time of application you need to work in Germany in a permanent job that you have held for at least six months and can't be in your probationary period anymore.

At least those are the rules now. It might change by the time you are ready to apply.

vivek_tailor

Re: questions regarding unlimited visa Germany

Post by vivek_tailor » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:29 pm

Thank you very much for your reply.

actually, the clerk from auslanderbehorde told me that there are 2 types of indefinite residence permit. It is explain below:

1. indefinite visa under blue card for high qualified workers period 33 months (currently I am in this category)

2. regular indefinite visa which you will get after living 5 years in Germany.

I don't want to leave Germany so my residence would always be in germany but will go by car everyday to work in danemark.

It is indeed very helpful reply. More suggestions are welcome.

With regards,

Vivek