ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK citizen with Serbian spouse in France

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bd1960
Newly Registered

UK citizen with Serbian spouse in France

Post by Bd1960 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:42 am

I am British, owned my house in France since 1995 and have lived here permanently since January 2010. I am registered here as self employed.
I am married. She is a Serbian passport holder. We were married in the village here in France last month. (September 2018)
She arrived in France on the 21st of September. (She was here for 87 days in March to June.)
As Serbia is not a EU member she is not entitled to stay here permanently until she has her Titre de Sejour, so is only entitled to stay for 90 days out of 180. Meaning her 90 days expires on the 15th December.
We have been to the Prefecture and have an appointment on4th of February, we have a letter confirming she is applying for a Titre de Sejour. They have told her she needs a Visa D.
Is there anything we can do so that we do not have to be separated because of her non EU passport?
We have all documents required by the French authorities for Titre de Sejour.

Bd1960
Newly Registered

Re: UK citizen with Serbian spouse in France

Post by Bd1960 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Has anyone any idea what we need to do so that my wife remains here in France with me after her 90 days expires?

brownbonno
Netherlands

Re: UK citizen with Serbian spouse in France

Post by brownbonno » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:57 pm

Bd1960 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:42 am
I am British, owned my house in France since 1995 and have lived here permanently since January 2010. I am registered here as self employed.
I am married. She is a Serbian passport holder. We were married in the village here in France last month. (September 2018)
She arrived in France on the 21st of September. (She was here for 87 days in March to June.)
As Serbia is not a EU member she is not entitled to stay here permanently until she has her Titre de Sejour, so is only entitled to stay for 90 days out of 180. Meaning her 90 days expires on the 15th December.
We have been to the Prefecture and have an appointment on4th of February, we have a letter confirming she is applying for a Titre de Sejour. They have told her she needs a Visa D.
Is there anything we can do so that we do not have to be separated because of her non EU passport?
We have all documents required by the French authorities for Titre de Sejour.
I want to believe you have a marriage certificate issued by the authority. If yes, then no cause to worry and the letter confirming her application/appointment for a Titre de Sejour is an evidence of exercising the treaty rights.
Knowledge is Power