ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cyprus visit visa (Processed in 3 days)

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Cyprus visit visa (Processed in 3 days)

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:15 pm

Just wanted to share my experience.
I’m a non eu family member (Filipina) and my husband is British. We came to UK under Surinder Singh Route hence I hold a Residence card of an EU member and not the normal UK residence permit/card

I usually travel without visa and had no problems or issues but because of the brexit issue I decided I want to apply for a visitor visa. Application is free and less documents if you are applying as a family member of EU citizen.

Documents I submitted:
- Completed application form
- Passport and copy (mine and husband)
- Residence permit and copy
- Marriage certificate
- Confirmed itinerary
- Passport photo

I had an appointment last Tuesday at 1:30pm, got an email around 3:00 that they sent my application to the embassy then Wednesday received an email saying the visa is on process, then Thursday received another email saying it’s on delivery. Received the visa on Friday. 🎉

Any questions, feel free to ask xx

Joe3474

Re: Cyprus visit visa (Processed in 3 days)

Post by Joe3474 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:27 pm

Hi, i just picked up on your post.

You said you submitted 'Confirmed itinerary'. Did you have to do that? I read online, if you are applying as a family member, you do not need to submit the travel itinerary.

Thanks

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Re: Cyprus visit visa (Processed in 3 days)

Post by ibwe » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:27 pm

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:15 pm

I’m a non eu family member (Filipina) and my husband is British. We came to UK under Surinder Singh Route hence I hold a Residence card of an EU member and not the normal UK residence permit/card

I usually travel without visa and had no problems or issues but because of the brexit issue I decided I want to apply for a visitor visa. Application is free and less documents if you are applying as a family member of EU citizen.
Good that you got your visa.
In my humble opinion, you could still visit with no visa at all.

Up until December 31, 2020 Cyprus and basically all EU states will adhere to the law of freedom of movement for UK citizens and their family members.

Point number 6 of visa information from Cyprus High Commission in the UK confirms that holders of relevant “RESIDENCE DOCUMENTATION-Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National", are visa exempt.