ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Belgium schengen Visa problem

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sandi29516
Newly Registered
Ghana

Belgium schengen Visa problem

Post by sandi29516 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:28 am

Good morning all ,

I have a slight problem with my Belgium schengen visa.
I received the visa without any problem last month and my intention was to stay in belgium for 1 week . Unfortunately this did not happen and i had to cancel my trip last minute .
After 1 week i went ahead to spain for 4 days with my family.
At the boarder in spain the immigration officer was not happy with the visa even thought its a schengen visa.After fingerprint check and call he let me in.
I am due to fly to germany in 2weeks for just 1 day . But i am worried they might deny or give me problem because i did not went to Belgium as my first destination as mentioned.

Would it make a difference if i fly to belgium first and then to germany or can i fly to germany without any border problem.
Yes the visa is still valid till october .
Is there any number to check the status or any flags on Visas?

Kind regards Sandi

Corw

Re: Belgium schengen Visa problem

Post by Corw » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:42 am

Please share your experience
We are also in similar situation
Get in touch

sandi29516
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by sandi29516 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:11 am

Corw wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:42 am
Please share your experience
We are also in similar situation
Get in touch
Hi ,
yes as mentioned in my original post . This is the problem i am facing but decided to fly to belgium over the weekend,

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:14 am

If you have a VISA delivered by any Schengen country, go to that country first regardless of the circumstances.

If you fly to another Schengen country, they are going to let you in. I never heard about someone refused entry with a valid Schengen visa delivered by a different State.

However, 2 issues you may face:

- As the OP pointed out, they can make you uncomfortable at the border with delays, calls, extra-checks...

- Next time you apply for a Schengen visa it can be declined. And this one is a serious consequence because they don't like "Schengen visa surfing" where people apply for the visa from any consulate because it'a closer to home or perceived as easier then change their travel plans once the visa in hand.