ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cyprus Holiday - Visa required?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Joe3474

Cyprus Holiday - Visa required?

Post by Joe3474 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:43 am

Hi,

Me and my Non-EU Spouse are planning to take a holiday in January/February. Im British.

On the Cyprus High Commission website, it states that, ''Spouses of EU/EEA/CH nationals who are holders of the relevant Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National DO NOT need a visa to enter Cyprus, BUT according to VFS GLOBAL who processes all Cyprus visas, we still have to book an appointment at their London Office and submit documents I.E Visa application Form, Passport, UK Resident Permit, Proof of travel along with my passport & our marriage certificate, although free of charge.

Please can somebody advise which stands? I don't particularly want to travel to London when we dont need a visa

Thanks in advance

secret.simon

Re: Cyprus Holiday - Visa required?

Post by secret.simon » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:54 am

Does your non-EEA spouse have a BRP issued under the UK Immigration Rules? If so, she needs a visa to go to Cyprus.

The exception is for spouses of EEA citizens who are issued a BRC under the EEA Regulations/EU law with the wording "Family Member of a Union Citizen" on the BRC. That card would exempt the non-EEA spouse from applying for a visa to visit any part of the EEA.

Also read the FCDO guidance on Cyprus.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Joe3474

Post by Joe3474 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:01 pm

Thank you for the reply Simon. Im not to sure, they haven't received the BRP as yet, as they only recently arrived in the UK. (Stranded in their home country due to Corona).

So, when we do eventually receive the card, if it don't state "Family Member of a Union Citizen" on the card, we will have to apply for a visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:24 pm

So, when we do eventually receive the card, if it don't state "Family Member of a Union Citizen" on the card, we will have to apply for a visa?
It won't state that if you applied for a posue visa under Appendix FM, ie paid IHS (+/- £1800) and visa (+/- £1523) as it is a visa under the UK immigration rules not the EU regulations.

She will need a visa to travel to Europe. Likely you too depending on what happens after the transition period ends in just over two weeks and requirements for British citizens traveling to the EU.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Joe3474

Post by Joe3474 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:34 pm

Thank you CR001

I see, was hoping that they wouldn't as London is far from us. Thanks for the information, appreciated