ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa from UK: Which Embassy

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

n8net
- thin ice -

Schengen Visa from UK: Which Embassy

Post by n8net » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:04 pm

Hi,

to apply for a Schengen visa from UK (London) for urgent work purposes, does it matter which embassy it is applied from?

I know about the rules which say if multiple countries are visisted, the visa should be applied at country where most time would be spent ?

So, If one want to go to Spain via car where I am planning to spend time, one should apply at the Spanish embassy and with that visa can enter France en-route to Spain?

correct ? or do I hv to fly straight to Spain?

any links official websites which sets out these rules would be appreciated.

also from experience here which Embassy is London grants the Schengen visa quickly without minimum fuss pls?

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: Schengen Visa from UK: Which Embassy

Post by ALKB » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:14 pm

n8net wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:04 pm
Hi,

to apply for a Schengen visa from UK (London) for urgent work purposes, does it matter which embassy it is applied from?

I know about the rules which say if multiple countries are visisted, the visa should be applied at country where most time would be spent ?

So, If one want to go to Spain via car where I am planning to spend time, one should apply at the Spanish embassy and with that visa can enter France en-route to Spain?

correct ? or do I hv to fly straight to Spain?

any links official websites which sets out these rules would be appreciated.

also from experience here which Embassy is London grants the Schengen visa quickly without minimum fuss pls?
Generally, you should apply at the Embassy of the country through which you enter Schengen OR the country you will spend the most time in.

Personally, to be on the safe side, I'd go with the country through which you enter, since we had some reports on this board about subsequently denied Schengen visas if Schengen was not entered through the country that issued the visa. (You apply at the French Embassy, fly into Italy, next time you apply at the French Embassy, they tell you to kindly take your application to the Italians.)
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:52 am

thanks for the reply.

What you are saying is interesting to say the least - could you be able to point out to some of those thread so that I can read about them?

the issue is with many EU embassies not accepting applications such as Switzerland, the options are limited. Hope one Schengen country recongises the Visa issued by other.

so, there is no legal hard and fast rule that saying you must go first to the same country that issued the Visa right ?

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:57 am

these are the rules I could find.

1) the Member State whose territory constitutes the sole destination of your visit(s).
2) if your visit includes more than one destination, or if there are several separate visits within 2 months, the Member State whose territory constitutes the main destination of your visit(s) in terms of the length or purpose of stay.
3) if no main destination can be determined, the Member State whose external border you intend to cross first in order to enter the territory of the Member States.

so 2 means, if you main destination is Spain, you can apply at the Spanish embassy and enter France with that visa ?

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:05 pm

n8net wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:57 am
these are the rules I could find.

1) the Member State whose territory constitutes the sole destination of your visit(s).
2) if your visit includes more than one destination, or if there are several separate visits within 2 months, the Member State whose territory constitutes the main destination of your visit(s) in terms of the length or purpose of stay.
3) if no main destination can be determined, the Member State whose external border you intend to cross first in order to enter the territory of the Member States.

so 2 means, if you main destination is Spain, you can apply at the Spanish embassy and enter France with that visa ?
A Schengen visa is a visa for all Schengen states, so yes, you can enter France.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:42 pm

To add to this, what I have found out is different embassies impose different rules on their Visa stickers.

for example, French embassy might say Visa is not valid for Swiss although Swiss is a Schengen state.

but Swiss gives visa to all states....

also the duration also varies...

does any body know which rule book they go by pls?