ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Swedish Law help needed

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cutepearl

Swedish Law help needed

Post by cutepearl » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:00 am

Me and my husband are moving to sweden he is from pakistan and i am swedish. we married in feb 08 lived since in uk he has 5 year uk residence card but we are moving in june 2010 which will be 2 years n 4 months after our marriage.

What visa will he get when we apply for sweden? Swedish residence card or permanent residence ?
is the time spent as married couple in england will count towards his swedish citizen ship?

how long will he need to wait for citizenship once in sweden ?

thanks for your replies if anyone know please do write.
cheers

John

Post by John » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:01 am

I know nothing in particular about Swedish immigration regulations, but the general concepts here would suggest that you could either apply for a "spouse visa" under Swedish immigration law, or alternatively apply for a Residence Card issued under the terms of the EU Directive. The second option is available because you have been exercising EU Treaty Rights in the UK, and thus your husband qualifies under the terms of the Surinder Singh judgement of the ECJ (European Court of Justice).

Have you contacted the Swedish Embassy in the UK to discuss the options? Is it as simple as your husband getting a Schengen visa to enable him to travel to Sweden, and then making an application for something more permanent once he is there?
John

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:29 am

This story sounds quite different from an earlier post
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#300240

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:01 pm

well i am asking on behalf of 2 different people mate....cheers...

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:19 am

cutepearl wrote:well i am asking on behalf of 2 different people mate....cheers...
Why can't you clearly point this out to avoid confusion? Does this mean that "cutepearl" is indeed just a single individual and the two posts referred to here do not discuss the actual situation of "cutepearl"?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:32 pm

cutepearl,

Where are you living right now? Are you working?

nasirpk

Post by nasirpk » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:23 pm

Your husband can either apply for a EU/EEA dependant visitor visa ( No fee to pay ) and apply depandant visa from within Sweden, Or apply depandant visa/residence permit from UK, which usually is valid for 2 years . After 2 years of stay in Sweden, he could apply for permanent residence .

Time spent in UK is not counted towards citizenship in Sweden. He has to live for atleast 3 years in Sweden in order to qualify for citizenship

Prawo

Swedish immigration lawyer

Post by Prawo » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:26 pm

I'm a Dutch immigration lawyer and can give you the details of a Swedish colleague from Stockholm who can help you out.

Just drop me a line and send me a pm or e-mail.

Prawo

Re: Swedish Law help needed

Post by Prawo » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:30 pm

cutepearl wrote:Me and my husband are moving to sweden he is from pakistan and i am swedish. we married in feb 08 lived since in uk he has 5 year uk residence card ...
If this is the card mentioned in art. 10 of directive 2004/38/EC he can travel visa free to Sweden.

If not, ask the British to issue him one.

kcbrown
Newly Registered

Post by kcbrown » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:19 am

Me and my husband are moving to sweden he is from pakistan and i am swedish. we married in feb 08 lived since in uk he has 5 year uk residence card but we are moving in june 2010 which will be 2 years n 4 months after our marriage.

What visa will he get when we apply for sweden? Swedish residence card or permanent residence ?
is the time spent as married couple in england will count towards his swedish citizen ship?

cheers

if you are a swedish citizen and have been married since 2008 but registered in the UK and not sweden, well the you have to apply for a swedish resident card which is 2year you have to register that with the immigration(swedish) why because your(you and you husband) stay in Uk is not counted,it does not matter if he has a permanent resident card in Uk it will and cant be reconised in sweden. and after 2year with you in the same address then he can apply for permanent resident.then after the 3rd yr living together registeted he can apply for citzen if he wants to.
i hope this help you.
Good luck and season greeting to you all.......

Prawo

Post by Prawo » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:52 pm

kcbrown wrote:if you are a swedish citizen and have been married since 2008 but registered in the UK and not sweden, well the you have to apply for a swedish resident card which is 2year you have to register that with the immigration(swedish) why because your(you and you husband) stay in Uk is not counted,it does not matter if he has a permanent resident card in Uk it will and cant be reconised in sweden. and after 2year with you in the same address then he can apply for permanent resident.then after the 3rd yr living together registeted he can apply for citzen if he wants to.
i hope this help you.
Good luck and season greeting to you all.......
This does not help at all as you are telling complete nonsense.

The stay of the Swedish citizen in the UK, another EU member state is making use of the right of free movement.
The family member (husband) benefits from these rights.

These rights are maintained when returning to Sweden (a stay of 4 months in another member state is in principle enough).

Do read the Surinder Singh, Akrich, Eind and Metock decisions of the Luxembourg court before you utter yourself in this matter.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:50 pm

cutepearl wrote:Me and my husband are moving to sweden he is from pakistan and i am swedish. we married in feb 08 lived since in uk he has 5 year uk residence card but we are moving in june 2010 which will be 2 years n 4 months after our marriage.

cheers
Why is it that your gender and stories are always inconsistent?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#139543