ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Win, Win or Win!!!

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

andy and ann

Win, Win or Win!!!

Post by andy and ann » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:32 pm

I decided that a celebration was in order and that is the reason for the new thread. Anyone that has been following our story will understand!

Today we finally collected the residence card for my wife from the Bulgarian Immigration Department! I had contacted many people for help, but it was an email that I sent to them three weeks ago that they replied to on monday (in Bulgarian of course!) saying it had been issued. I am ashamed to admit it, but on Sunday evening I had been checking out the flights back to the Philippines for my wife and I. I was really ready to give up. We have prepared our documents for the EEA Family Permit application and they will be submitted tomorrow at 10.00 am.

Since arriving here in Bulgaria I found a fantastic job. It is very enjoyable, the bosses are fantastic and all the staff extremely kind and friendly. I also believe that I have some excellent career prospects. So the surprise is, if we receive the Family Permit we are thinking of staying in Bulgaria anyway! We will be visiting some private hospitals in the coming weeks to discuss giving birth here. A famous footballers wife gave birth in a hospital recommended to me and the cost was quite reasonable!

I have been reunited with many true friends here and they all care immensely for Ann. We held a dinner party 2 weeks ago which was Filipino night. On Friday, we go to a friends for a Japanese night! Ann has done much better than I ever imagined considering she is in a foreign country for the first time, and pregnant.

It really is Win, Win or Win!

I really want to express my heartfelt thanks to Obie and Benifa. You held our hands throughout the whole process and completely changed our lives. You're knowledge of the whole process is truly remarkable and I am so pleased I stumbled upon this forum. Thanks also to Mr. Happy AKA Wanderer - it was a nightmare - but we won!

If the family permit is refused we will of course appeal. I believe that whatever happens it should provide some valuable information for others in our position.

:lol:

TracyCK

Post by TracyCK » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:17 am

What uplifting news! Congratulations!! Now you can relax and just enjoy life a little. :)
Husband issued with an EEA FP via Surinder Singh and various complications :)
Original thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=45808
Second thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=309363

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:54 pm

CONGRATULATIONS

The feeling is great.....what a result!

Now you can live your lives....and relax!!!!! :lol: :D
???REUNITED???

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:21 am

Fantastic news, Andy! Delighted for you both.

I knew you'd get there in the end. With the law on your side, there could be no other outcome anyway.. eventually!

Diyos basbasan.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

ejw4h9

Post by ejw4h9 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:58 pm

Congratulations! It sounds like you can finally take a deep breath and relax for a little while! I think all of us in some way known of the constant stress that things like this brings. It's one of those things that always weighs on your mind. So, you've earned it! Congrats again!