ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents needed for work visa germany?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vivek_tailor

Documents needed for work visa germany?

Post by vivek_tailor » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:03 am

Hi All,

I am ready to apply for german work permit visa under general employment category. I have mention following list of documents. Let me know if I miss something:

1. Completed application form for a residence permit in duplicate
2. Two passport size colour photos
3. Original of your passport plus 2 copies
4. Two copies of your vocational qualification
5. Letter of intent or contract offered to you by a company in Germany containing a detailed description of the employment (2 copies).

Do I need travel health insurance?

Thanks,

Vivek Tailor

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:39 am

Just asking the missus what she did! Have you booked the appointment yet?
Might be busy this time of year...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

vivek_tailor

Post by vivek_tailor » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:56 am

Wanderer wrote:Just asking the missus what she did! Have you booked the appointment yet?
Might be busy this time of year...
Hi Wanderer,

I haven't book appointment yet. I will book today.

Thanks,
Vivek

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:06 pm

She said she had health insurance (via the student placement scheme that organised it) but they never asked for it at the embassy.

I'd suspect u'd need to have it tho.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

vivek_tailor

Post by vivek_tailor » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:57 pm

Wanderer wrote:She said she had health insurance (via the student placement scheme that organised it) but they never asked for it at the embassy.

Hi

What about other Documents listed above? Is it alright? Do I need anything else?

thanks,

Vivek

vivek_tailor

Post by vivek_tailor » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:30 am

Wanderer wrote:She said she had health insurance (via the student placement scheme that organised it) but they never asked for it at the embassy.

Hi

I am basically from india. Currently, I am working in the UK. I have got permanent job in the Germany. So I am planning to move there. At the moment, I am not married but I am seeing someone and she is in india. she will join me after one year. Is it alright if I can married before going to germany so that the visa process will be easy? and she will get new passport so that both name will be there in the passport....I know this is silly question....but I need guidance...

Thanks,

Vivek

habenani
Newly Registered

Removed

Post by habenani » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:36 pm

Removed
Last edited by habenani on Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vivek_tailor

Re: Regarding German Visa

Post by vivek_tailor » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:22 pm

habenani wrote:Hi,

I am too wokring in UK on tier 1, and have some work oppurtunities in Germany.

Can I apply the Visa without receiving any contracts?

And moreover what is the Vocational qualification?

Thanks
HB
Hi,

You must find job before going to Germany. You can only apply for schengen visa which is tourist visa. You can't apply work visa without any job offer.

Thanks.

Vivek

tinkerbeast
Newly Registered

Post by tinkerbeast » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:23 pm

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but I have a similar question.

I have an employment visa appointment in the coming week. From the information provided on the consulate website, I would only require my passport, application form, employment contract, and photos, but has anybody been asked for additional supporting documents?

I'm thinking about additional documents such as degree certificates (to check your qualifications for the job?), bank statements, travel insurance, letter from current employer, police certificate of good conduct, marriage certificate (since i'm married but my spouse will not be travelling with me) etc.

Thanks!

vivek_tailor

Post by vivek_tailor » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:24 am

tinkerbeast wrote:Sorry to bump up an old thread, but I have a similar question.

I have an employment visa appointment in the coming week. From the information provided on the consulate website, I would only require my passport, application form, employment contract, and photos, but has anybody been asked for additional supporting documents?

I'm thinking about additional documents such as degree certificates (to check your qualifications for the job?), bank statements, travel insurance, letter from current employer, police certificate of good conduct, marriage certificate (since i'm married but my spouse will not be travelling with me) etc.

Thanks!
Hi tinkerbeast,

sorry for late reply. Actually, I have applied my visa from UK. According to german website UK, you need following documents.

1. Completed application form for a residence permit in duplicate
2. Two passport size colour photos
3. Original of your passport plus 2 copies
4. Two copies of your vocational qualification
5. Letter of intent or contract offered to you by a company in Germany containing a detailed description of the employment (2 copies).

In addition to this, please take following documents with you.

1. Letter from current employer(necessary)
2. Bank statements
3. Marriage certificate (incase if they asked please keep it with documents)

They probably don't needed any bank statements but it is good that you just take it with you.

You definetely need letter of employment from your current employer. If you are recently graduated from university then it is good to take letter from University. If you already have final degree in your hand then take it with you.

Your wife is not going with you so you don't need any marriage certificate but it is good to have it with you all the time because you are mentioning this in resident work permit application form.

I don't need any police certificate so I didn't submit it.

If you have any further questions then please asked.

With regards,

Vivek