ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

German visa query- Please help

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vivek_tailor

German visa query- Please help

Post by vivek_tailor » Tue May 25, 2010 9:48 am

Dear all,

I have applied german residence permit visa on 21st april, 2010. Its been one month now and i am still waiting for the visa. I have already contacted my employer in germany. They told me that your application is reached to employment centre in germany and you will hopefully get call within few days. I don't know what to do. I have already contacted German embassy, london. They told me that it will take minimum 6 weeks to maxximum 3 months. I don't want to wait for 3 months. Please help me if anyone has any idea about it or what to do next.

thanks,

vivek

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue May 25, 2010 9:51 am

I'm afraid it won't be a question what you want... You will just have to hang in there and hope that the maximum of 3 months is a legal requirement and not just statistics.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue May 25, 2010 10:13 am

Like I said before, my partner's took five and half months and was only that quick because she was able to call the Arbeitsamt in Bonn I think it was and get it pushed along.

German bureaucracy is the worst.....

I suggest you try and find out which Labour Office is dealing with the work permit and call them or get a fluent German speaker to do it, no one there will speak English to a high enough level for sure.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

vivek_tailor

Post by vivek_tailor » Wed May 26, 2010 3:33 pm

Wanderer wrote:Like I said before, my partner's took five and half months and was only that quick because she was able to call the Arbeitsamt in Bonn I think it was and get it pushed along.

I suggest you try and find out which Labour Office is dealing with the work permit and call them or get a fluent German speaker to do it, no one there will speak English to a high enough level for sure.
Dear all,

Thank you very much for all your guidance. I have got my visa today. for me it took 1 month and 5days. Now, I am ready to go in germany and start my job there.

But I still need some help from you. I don't know fluent german. So If anyone who lived in germany can provide contact details or email address so that I can email them if I want to ask something.

thanks,

With best regards,

Vivek

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed May 26, 2010 3:40 pm

vivek_tailor wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Like I said before, my partner's took five and half months and was only that quick because she was able to call the Arbeitsamt in Bonn I think it was and get it pushed along.

Dear all,

Thank you very much for all your guidance. I have got my visa today. for me it took 1 month and 5days. Now, I am ready to go in germany and start my job there.

But I still need some help from you. I don't know fluent german. So If anyone who lived in germany can provide contact details or email address so that I can email them if I want to ask something.

thanks,

With best regards,

Vivek
Great!

Next will be a visit to German Consulate or if u gave them postage back, a single entry schengen that u exchange for the work permit proper at auslanderbehorde in DE.

U must do this!

German language is difficult, it has noun inflections but mostly similar to English.

Number one lesson, ALWAYS ALWAYS learn German nouns with the article, 'the' can be 'Der, Die or Das' with no real pattern so always learn 'Die Bahn' not just 'Bahn'.....

There are volksschule that offer cheap German integration courses at low cost, they are everywhere.

Where are going, which City?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed May 26, 2010 4:02 pm

Wanderer wrote:There are volksschule that offer cheap German integration courses at low cost, they are everywhere.
Only when you are child (and in Germany the name is mostly not used anymore) :lol:. I suppose you mean 'Volkshochschule'.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed May 26, 2010 4:19 pm

86ti wrote:
Wanderer wrote:There are volksschule that offer cheap German integration courses at low cost, they are everywhere.
Only when you are child (and in Germany the name is mostly not used anymore) :lol:. I suppose you mean 'Volkshochschule'.
Ooops!

People's High School!!

I was supposed to go to DD this week for a contract, turned it down, I want Berlin!

Last time I was in Berlin this American guys asked where Vob Strabe was! Funny!

It's 'Voßstraße for those in the know!

vivek_tailor

Post by vivek_tailor » Thu May 27, 2010 7:56 am

Wanderer wrote:
vivek_tailor wrote:

Dear all,

thanks,

With best regards,

Vivek
Great!

Next will be a visit to German Consulate or if u gave them postage back, a single entry schengen that u exchange for the work permit proper at auslanderbehorde in DE.

U must do this!

German language is difficult, it has noun inflections but mostly similar to English.

Number one lesson, ALWAYS ALWAYS learn German nouns with the article, 'the' can be 'Der, Die or Das' with no real pattern so always learn 'Die Bahn' not just 'Bahn'.....

There are volksschule that offer cheap German integration courses at low cost, they are everywhere.

Where are going, which City?

Hi Wanderer,

Yes, I have to exchange my visa. The visa officer in london told me to get residance permit once you will be in germany. At the moment, I am trying to learn german by myself. but the company told me that we will provide you coaching once you will start work here.

My company is in Hagen. So I have to stay in hagen initially. But I want to live in Dortmund. I have UK driving licence as well.

Thanks,

Vivek

samAG
Newly Registered

Post by samAG » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:58 am

Hi Vivek,

Are you in IT Industry? Need some help from you.

SAM

vivek_tailor

Post by vivek_tailor » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:59 am

Hi SAM,

I am in the renewable industry. I am not in the IT industry. Basically, I am electrical engineer. What kind of help you need?

Don't hesitate to ask anything.

At the moment, I am in germany.

Thanks,

Vivek

samAG wrote:Hi Vivek,

Are you in IT Industry? Need some help from you.

SAM

samAG
Newly Registered

Post by samAG » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:20 pm

I am currently based in Bangalore. I am working in Software Industry here. I have some queries regarding my plans for trying job in Germany. It would be great if you could share your mail-id, I will mail you my questions.

Thanks for all the help mate.

SAM

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:31 pm

samAG wrote:I am currently based in Bangalore. I am working in Software Industry here. I have some queries regarding my plans for trying job in Germany. It would be great if you could share your mail-id, I will mail you my questions.

Thanks for all the help mate.

SAM
Watch the tax - can be as high at 50%!

samAG
Newly Registered

Post by samAG » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:37 pm

Is it. What will be tax for me, I am married, no kids yet?

SAM

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:06 pm

samAG wrote:Is it. What will be tax for me, I am married, no kids yet?

SAM
Depends if the wife is working or not - having kids saves tax but look here and put some proposed figures in.

http://www.parmentier.de/steuer/steuer.htm?wagetax.htm

If u working only u'll be Category I, paying no church tax (u have to opt out) I just put in a salary of 50k Euro and the nett is 26k! Eek!

It frightened me that's why I'm off to Switzerland, despite the high prices!

samAG
Newly Registered

Post by samAG » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:17 pm

Thanks for your reply. Its helpful. So how much will be expenses per month including housing + food + travel + utilities? Euro 1000 or more?

How are the taxes in Switzerland? And how is cost of living over there? Able to make decent savings there?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:32 pm

samAG wrote:Thanks for your reply. Its helpful. So how much will be expenses per month including housing + food + travel + utilities? Euro 1000 or more?

How are the taxes in Switzerland? And how is cost of living over there? Able to make decent savings there?
Taxes in CH are lower and earnings higher, but accommodation and food is very expensive. CH is not giving out work permits tho, the quotas have been reduced. As I am British I get an auto-work permit, remember CH is not EU.

Both DE and CH offer great benefits, unemployment and pension so it has to be paid for with taxes.

If you need to save it's not going to be easy, UK probably best.

samAG
Newly Registered

Post by samAG » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Thanks a lot friend. Thats a lot of helpful information for me.

SAM

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:40 pm

Whereabouts in CH are you off to Wanderer?

Do you speak any of the other three languages? (I know your French is ropey!). If not then I assume you will be looking at Geneva, Bern, Nyon or Lausanne...?

Remember that the Swiss appreciate it when foreigners make an effort to 'blend in' with the community and imbibe the 'Swiss way of life' some of which are: modesty, privacy, perfectionism and yodeling. :D

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:59 pm

Plum70 wrote:Whereabouts in CH are you off to Wanderer?

Do you speak any of the other three languages? (I know your French is ropey!). If not then I assume you will be looking at Geneva, Bern, Nyon or Lausanne...?

Remember that the Swiss appreciate it when foreigners make an effort to 'blend in' with the community and imbibe the 'Swiss way of life' some of which are: modesty, privacy, perfectionism and yodeling. :D
Ich weiß nicht, wo!!

My Hochdeutsch is ok-ish, the Swiss variety is not so! But it's not needed in the IT arena I inhabit. German is more a nice-to-have.

We're looking at Zürich, so I'm looking at learning some Züritüütsch, I know not needed but I do feel I have to, and I enjoy it so no problem!

Swiss way of life suits me, I am quiet, private, like order but at the same time I know I'm right in all things and have an inner-confidence that I don't show!

However I do not like the £15 pizza and £8 pints! But the money is good, and the taxes are low, looking at a 12 month contract at the moment, 1000 CFH a day will set me up for the move if it comes off.

If u can help, I'm skilled in Solaris (LDOM's and Zones), AIX (LPARS and HACMP), virtualisation or what (!?), and LDAP, currently pummelling UBS into giving me a job, tho my contract sniff is for an as yet unknown company/location, hoping it is in Zürich...

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:50 pm

Good man.... do remember that the Swiss German dialect is only spoken so night classes won't help!

I am 95% ITphobic so have no pointers there except: the view from the lake in Zurich is lovely, and steer clear of the Bahnhofstrasse if you're on a shoe-string budget! Taxes may be comparatively low but when you consider the ogre that is mandatory health insurance, rent and other pricey basic living costs, CH starts to look less ethereal.

Bonne chance mec!

Nativespeaker
Newly Registered

Post by Nativespeaker » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:29 pm

Hi Vivek Tailor...
I think waiting and drinking tea or playing a game would be the best thing to do in this situation. When they said that they would call, I'd wait or recall them.