ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

work permit OR work authorization?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

skhan
Newly Registered

work permit OR work authorization?

Post by skhan » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:35 pm

Hi,
I got job offer from an irish telecom company. They are applying work permit for me. I want to know whether I should go for "work permit" OR "working visa or work authorization". I have masters degree in Electrical Engineeing. My perspective job falls in the IT related discipline.

I would really appreciate if someone tell me what are the merits and de-merits of work permit and work authorization.

Regards.

skhan
Newly Registered

Post by skhan » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:26 pm

addition to my earlier post:
I just read that work authorization is not for Non-EU citizens. So my question is for working visa then. Btw I am Pakistani national.

Regards.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

work permit or work visa

Post by mktsoi » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:32 am

well, even if u have a job in one of those category in the list for work visa. it might not work for u. to apply for a work visa. u can do it in some other irish embassy in eu instead of going back to your homeland if your already in ireland. even though your job offer falls into the list, but it is all depends on your employer. if your employer insist to apply for a work permit for you, what are you going to do? not to take up your job? may be your eligable to apply for the work visa but yalk to your employer first and see if your employer would like to to have work permit or work visa first. as far as i know, some employer does not like their employee has work visa because the employee can walk to another job easily.

skhan
Newly Registered

Post by skhan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:56 am

Thanks for the reply.

I have another question. Really appreciate if someone answer it.

On work permit, can I bring my family with me while coming to Ireland for the first time. I heard that they can join me after 3 months? is it 3 months or one year?

Regards/.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

work visa or work permit

Post by mktsoi » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:34 pm

you can find all the information in www.entemp.ie website. or

http://www.justice.ie/80256E01003A21A5/ ... Q65WHUV-en

they have some documents this the above link as well in department of justice ireland to answer all your questions.

ireland is a very diffcult place to stay in terms of immigration. just look throught the stuff very carefully before you apply.

good luck