ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

irish WP, WV, WA

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gustavatwork
Newly Registered

irish WP, WV, WA

Post by gustavatwork » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:00 am

Hi!
I am an israeli citizen residing in Ireland on a basis of Work Permit and working for outsourcing company at Intel.
I woudl like to know if it's possible to switch my WP to Working Visa or Working Authorisation, plase. The only way I know is to go back to my country of origin (Israel) and apply from there. It could take months... or won't happen ever.
So, please, could you help me with an advice regarding thois issue?
thanks.
Regards,
Dmitry

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:42 am

as a israli citizenship, you do not need a visa to enter ireland, so you can apply for work authorization providing you have a job offer from eligable job category and a recognized edcuation for that job.

in order to apply for work authorization. you need to be outside ireland. as far as i know, you dont really need to go back to israel to apply. you can do it in an irish embassy in eu countries.

if i were you, take your job offer from you employer and you education history documents to department of foriegn affair in burgh quay Dublin. check with them first before you do anything. you saying that you doing outsourcing for intel. i dont know if that will fall into the work authorization, so check first before u leave the country.

skhan
Newly Registered

Post by skhan » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:17 am

Hi gustavatwork,
I have a question.
why are u willing to change WP with Working visa?
Do you think WV is better than WP?
I am an IT worker and got offer in a telecom company in Dublin.

Regards

Powerbook
Newly Registered

Permit Change

Post by Powerbook » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:53 pm

Changing a Workpermit to Work Authorisation isn't as simple as that. Whichever way you look at it for Workauthorisation in the IT field you need to have a degree or diploma depending if you are a IT Technician or IT Professional. For both you need a official letter from a Irish based company confirming your offer of employment (not agencies). WorkAuthorisation can't be made within the state and this HAVE to be filed from your country of origin. No, it's not as simple as asking them for a swap between the two and yes the Worksauthorisation is the most desired one due to the fact that you can move from employer to employer with no need to file a new permit application as in the case of workpermits. Workauthosrisations is valid for two years and easily renewable at a GNIB office. After the 5years renewal you might be lucky enough to get an open stamp/card.
(GNIB(Workauthorisation Stamp-4, Workpermit- Stamp-1))