ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it illegal to join a new job while visa in process?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

harpreetjagdey
- thin ice -

Is it illegal to join a new job while visa in process?

Post by harpreetjagdey » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:41 pm

As the title says, is it illegal to join a new job while visa application is in process?
I am on TIER 1 general and have applied for extension on 12th march. Have done my biometrics.

Your views are appreciated.

Regards
harpreet
Last edited by harpreetjagdey on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:42 pm

Insufficient information. Depends on what type of leave the applicant currently holds and what type of leave they are applying for.

harpreetjagdey
- thin ice -

Post by harpreetjagdey » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:49 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Insufficient information. Depends on what type of leave the applicant currently holds and what type of leave they are applying for.
Post edited with mor einfo

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:57 pm

If you leave has not expired at the time you apply to extend, you can continue to live under the conditions of the visa until a new period of leave is granted. Meaning you can work, not work; whatever you like to do as a Tier 1 migrant.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:00 pm

You're okay if you've made a valid in-time application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

harpreetjagdey
- thin ice -

Post by harpreetjagdey » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:17 pm

vinny wrote:You're okay if you've made a valid in-time application.
Thank you
It helps.

harpreetjagdey
- thin ice -

Post by harpreetjagdey » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:13 pm

Do i need to notify UKBA about my job change via change of circumstances form? Would it effect my application under process?

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:19 am

harpreetjagdey wrote:
Do i need to notify UKBA about my job change via change of circumstances form? Would it effect my application under process?
Just call 08706067766 and explain your condition and ask them if they need it or not.

harpreetjagdey
- thin ice -

Post by harpreetjagdey » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:03 pm

pgaitonde wrote:
harpreetjagdey wrote:
Just call 08706067766 and explain your condition and ask them if they need it or not.
Just phoned UKBA on the number given above, they picked up straight away. The guy said its perfectly legal to change the employer while application in process and recomended to send the change of circumstances form notifying the job change.

Hope this info helps other too.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:54 pm

Tier 1 migrants do not need to be employed and have no meed to inform the UKBA if they change employers. The Change of circumstances form does even mention employment.

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:58 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Tier 1 migrants do not need to be employed and have no meed to inform the UKBA if they change employers. The Change of circumstances form does even mention employment.
which goes to show that the customer care guys often don't know what they are talking about. they had suggested to me once that you can submit your application without the most recent bank statement showing last salary credit if the statement does not come on time!!!

bruceb

Post by bruceb » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:43 am

We should never trust the customer service agents, they are employed to give a false impression that BA cares about the service which they are offering for a price. Every agent you speak provides a different view or answer to your query. In my case I was only enquiring them about the process we need to go about returning my applications as I have travel planned in May. They mistook and entered in the system as I'm withdrawing, then when I called again I was put on hold and the lady came back and said she has re-instated. They are there to deflect the queries not specifically answer or answer to an extent that provides an feeling that they are helping.