ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Croydon PEO - Rejected

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

syb007
Newly Registered

Croydon PEO - Rejected

Post by syb007 » Tue May 01, 2012 6:21 pm

My application was rejected with false reason.

I was told the letter from HR stateting my salary beak-down of each month with Total Gross Taxable Salary and Form P60 are not valid documents to prove my earnings. The case work was only considering my monthly payslips. There is bit of difference with my Gross Monthly and Gross Taxable Income due to flexible benefits my company offers. and that is the reason my HR sissued a letter with all my gross taxable inome which also clearly match with my P60.

What are my options now? How I can put forward my application?

Regards,
Syb

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Croydon PEO - Rejected

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue May 01, 2012 7:17 pm

syb007 wrote:My application was rejected with false reason.

I was told the letter from HR stateting my salary beak-down of each month with Total Gross Taxable Salary and Form P60 are not valid documents to prove my earnings. The case work was only considering my monthly payslips. There is bit of difference with my Gross Monthly and Gross Taxable Income due to flexible benefits my company offers. and that is the reason my HR sissued a letter with all my gross taxable inome which also clearly match with my P60.

Regards,
Syb
I have submitted HR letter and bank statements and my case was sucess in Croydon

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue May 01, 2012 8:21 pm

Regards,
Syb
Syb, can you clarify which two types of supporting document you submitted as evidence for previous earnings? I may be mistaken, but from what you've mentioned above it sounds like you had 1) a letter from your employer, 2) P60, 3) Payslips. Is this correct? If so I suspect the reason you were told that they were not valid is because they are all considered to be from the same source i.e. "Your Employer". If you had either provided the payslips or employer letter along with the corresponding bank statements you would have been fine.

The T1 Guidance on Supporting documents for Previous earnings is given below:
The applicant must provide at least two different types of supporting document for each source of earnings claimed. Each piece of supporting evidence must be from a separate source and support all the other evidence so that together they clearly prove the earnings claimed. For example: When providing documents for salaried employment, an applicant should not send payslips together with a P60, because we consider both of these documents to be from the same source.

longshift

Appeal

Post by longshift » Tue May 01, 2012 8:35 pm

After reading your query I was just going through the evidence section of Tier 1 general on UKBA Website and I found this information. Click the link below.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... s/#header3

Read the following information:

Employees who receive a salary
A salaried employee could provide a combination of personal bank statements covering the full 12-month earnings period and either:

payslips for the full 12-month earnings period; or a letter from your employer. (We consider that payslips and letters from an employer are from the same source and you should therefore not provide a combination of these two types of document.)

As per this paragraph, your evidence is fine. I would suggest you to appeal against the decision.

However, there is one thing which comes in my mind which could have caused concerns in your case is your payslips. As you have submitted them too togather with your letter, it would have contradicted with your other evidence and hence the confusion. You should be alright with the appeal. Just clear it out why your payslip shows different amount than what your HR suggested in their letter.

Good Luck.

syb007
Newly Registered

Post by syb007 » Wed May 02, 2012 5:02 am

Thank you guys.
Yes I had attached, 1) a letter from your employer, 2) P60 & 3) Payslips with my application.

What If I reapply with same documents?
u
Regards,
Syb
cs95tdg wrote:

Regards,
Syb
Syb, can you clarify which two types of supporting document you submitted as evidence for previous earnings? I may be mistaken, but from what you've mentioned above it sounds like you had 1) a letter from your employer, 2) P60, 3) Payslips. Is this correct? If so I suspect the reason you were told that they were not valid is because they are all considered to be from the same source i.e. "Your Employer". If you had either provided the payslips or employer letter along with the corresponding bank statements you would have been fine.

The applicant must provide at least two different types of supporting document for each source of earnings claimed. Each piece of supporting evidence must be from a separate source and support all the other evidence so that together they clearly prove the earnings claimed. For example: When providing documents for salaried employment, an applicant should not send payslips together with a P60, because we consider both of these documents to be from the same source.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 02, 2012 6:07 am

Do you meet the requirements?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

syb007
Newly Registered

Post by syb007 » Wed May 02, 2012 6:24 am

Yes I do meet all the requirements. I'm not sure what all extra document I need to submit with my new application. As I already submited Salary Slips, P60, Employers letter for my earnings with initial application. My P60 and Employers letter was not at all considered by case worker saying "P60 is not valid proof of earnings".

Regards,
Syb
vinny wrote:Do you meet the requirements?

imprezasti

Post by imprezasti » Wed May 02, 2012 6:57 am

Dude, read the guidance! All 3 pieces of evidence you provided are considered to have come from 1 source- your employer (yes-including the p60, read about what a p60 actually is!). HO found nothing to corroborate your evidence against. Correct decision by CWorker-for once.

Mind_The_Gap

Post by Mind_The_Gap » Wed May 02, 2012 7:10 am

cs95tdg wrote:

Regards,
Syb

Bump..

Get a bank statement and re-submit together with HR Letter. Good luck.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Wed May 02, 2012 9:19 am

Regards,
Syb
Do you have a chance for an appeal process/ challenge the decision?

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed May 02, 2012 9:30 am

Regards,
Syb
In order for one to help, it is vital that all the information is listed with the thread, of course not going down to the financial details. I am struggling to understand why wouldnt case worker consider your payslips, bank statements and P60 as a proof. Were they not genuine/original/addressed to yourself/discrepancies in name etc? I went to PEO with 12 Payslips and Bank statements, case approved in 15-20 minutes.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

Mind_The_Gap

Post by Mind_The_Gap » Wed May 02, 2012 9:30 am

adityak77 wrote:

Regards,
Syb
Yes, the applicant has the right to appeal. If he made a valid visa application before the expiry of his visa, then he would be given a right of in-country appeal. The deadline to lodge a valid is 10 working days from date of receipt of refusal decision.

However, the appeal would imply that the decision was incorrect (based on the documentation provided at the time of the application). He would still have not provided proof of income from two different sources.

Employer Letter (Pay Slips) + Bank Statement

syb007
Newly Registered

Post by syb007 » Wed May 02, 2012 11:20 am

Thanks for response from all of you.

Yes the corresponding bank statements are also submitted with application.

Regards,
Syb
Mind_The_Gap wrote:
adityak77 wrote:

Regards,
Syb
Yes, the applicant has the right to appeal. If he made a valid visa application before the expiry of his visa, then he would be given a right of in-country appeal. The deadline to lodge a valid is 10 working days from date of receipt of refusal decision.

However, the appeal would imply that the decision was incorrect (based on the documentation provided at the time of the application). He would still have not provided proof of income from two different sources.

Employer Letter (Pay Slips) + Bank Statement

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed May 02, 2012 1:02 pm

Syb, my response was based on the understanding that you hadn't submitted any bank statements and that your case was refused purely on the grounds of evidence supplied for previous earnings.

Now that you say you have submitted bank statements as well, that means you have submitted 1) Letter from Employer, 2) P60, 3) Payslips & 4) Bank statements.

While you have the right to appeal against the decision made (as other forum members have mentioned) I personally cannot comment on whether the appeal will be successful without knowing the precise details/reason for your initial application refusal.

However based on what you have said to me it appears that the case worker was cross checking your P60 earnings against your Employer letter and may have found a discrepency there.

Personally I would keep the application simple for the case worker, by just providing a single piece of evidence from each of the two sources of income as this is what the requirement states. Just ensure that the payments (gross/net) in each source match and can easily be verified by the case worker.

When I applied I highlighted each payment in my payslips as well as my bank statements to make it easier for the case worker to follow. And also included a covering letter stating this.

Hope this helps you make a decision on what you need to do next.

Mostar95
- thin ice -

Post by Mostar95 » Wed May 02, 2012 11:02 pm

Regards,
Syb
It seems the CW considered your gross taxable income (the total of which is less than the level of income you need for your visa extension).

He did not consider your gross monthly income which is above or equal to your required level of income for extension.

Am I right?

syb007
Newly Registered

Post by syb007 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:01 pm

Finally I resubmitted the application with minimum documents and visa is approved. Thank you all!!!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:43 pm

syb007 wrote:Finally I resubmitted the application with minimum documents and visa is approved. Thank you all!!!
Good to hear that it all worked out in the end! Did you appeal the former decision or submit a new application?

vinnydpu

Post by vinnydpu » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:27 pm

Hi All - A simple query here ---

If due to any reason my in person PEO application for TIER 1 extension is rejected - can I then correct the reason & re-submit the application by post ? Is this allowed - of course before my current visa time expires ?

Thanks - appreciate a response !

t1s2010
Member of Standing

Post by t1s2010 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:43 pm

No, you can not resubmit same application after correction.

Either go for appeal or apply fresh.

vinnydpu

Post by vinnydpu » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:39 pm

Thanks - so I can apply fresh (i.e. by post) as long as my Visa does not expires.

t1s2010
Member of Standing

Post by t1s2010 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:45 am

Yes, till your old visa is valid, you can surely apply again.