ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Start Date of Extension Visa - Question?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

npanglia

Start Date of Extension Visa - Question?

Post by npanglia » Fri May 04, 2012 3:26 pm

This is question for those who have received their Tier 1 extension approval documents post expiry date of initial grant. i.e.
Example: Your initial grant of the visa was due to expire on 20th March, 2012. You would have submitted the documents for extension before that date (pretty obvious). However the extension APPROVAL documents were received by you, say15th April, 2012 (much after expiry date of initial grant)

[b]My questions: Have you been granted 2 or 3 years extension starting from 20th March or 15th April i.e. date of stamping?[/b]

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri May 04, 2012 3:39 pm

Grants of leave can't be backdated so if the leave expired while with the UKBA and before the decision was made, the date of the new grant will be from the date of the decision rather from the date the previous leave expired. This is not a gap in your residence.

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Fri May 04, 2012 4:10 pm

[quote="Lucapooka"]Grants of leave can't be backdated so if the leave expired while with the UKBA and before the decision was made, the date of the new grant will be from the date of the decision rather from the date the previous leave expired. This is not a gap in your residence.[/quote]

Is this something you have come across in actual? or thats just the fundamental?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri May 04, 2012 4:27 pm

Both.

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Sat May 05, 2012 9:35 am

Totally agree with Lucapooka

layman

Post by layman » Mon May 07, 2012 6:38 pm

On the other hand, one of my friend got his extension from the date the previous leave expired. So, depends on the caseworker

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon May 07, 2012 6:56 pm

layman, if you know of someone who had his/her leave backdated then it would seem that it depends on the case worker. But in my case, my extension application was approved after the original Tier 1 visa had expired. The date on my approval letter & biometric permit matched and were a couple of weeks after the original visa expiry date. This is the norm, specially now where the UKBA are taking a very long time to process postal applications.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon May 07, 2012 9:59 pm

layman wrote:On the other hand, one of my friend got his extension from the date the previous leave expired. So, depends on the caseworker
So all that means is the date of issue was at the time of the expiry date rather than some time after it had expired. Fraud protection measures mean that there really is no scope to print residence permits with a date of issue that is not the actual date taken at the time.