ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ammu1234

Tier 1 extension query

Post by ammu1234 » Thu May 17, 2012 6:57 am

Hi I have my appointment (PEO) for Tier 1 extension on the 27th of June. My question can I show my salary statement from May(11) to April(12) ? Will this be a problem.

what about my bank statments for maintainance? Will the supplied bank statement to prove my earning would be enough or will I have to supply them with statments for another month i.e May(12)?

ammu1234

Post by ammu1234 » Thu May 17, 2012 7:25 am

anyone??

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu May 17, 2012 8:20 am

For proof of previous earnings statements from May 2011 to April 2012 will be fine. But for maintenance the requirement is to show a minimum balance of 800 during the 90 days prior to your application & the last statement should be dated no earlier than one calendar month from the application date. So you would need your last statement to ideally cover all of May & possibly part of June to be on the safe side.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu May 17, 2012 8:23 am

As cs95tdg suggested, you don’t need the last statement for the purpose of earnings assessment, but you will need the latest bank statement to show maintenance funds.

I myself used a current account for previous earnings and provided savings account statement for the purpose of maintenance funds.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Thu May 17, 2012 9:03 am

cs95tdg wrote:For proof of previous earnings statements from May 2011 to April 2012 will be fine. But for maintenance the requirement is to show a minimum balance of 800 during the 90 days prior to your application & the last statement should be dated no earlier than one calendar month from the application date. So you would need your last statement to ideally cover all of May & possibly part of June to be on the safe side.
You will need to show 900 pounds and not 800. Be clear of this as on and after 14th June 2012 , the maintenance funds have increased.

ammu1234

Post by ammu1234 » Thu May 17, 2012 9:08 am

Thanks you all for your responses...Can i pay by direct debit card at the PEO? Do I get receipt for the payment? I would be claiming all these cost back from the employer hence would need receipts.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu May 17, 2012 9:11 am

Yes you can pay by debit or credit card and they will also issue you a receipt which you can use to claim it back.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 extension query

Post by silent_warrior » Thu May 17, 2012 9:22 am

ammu1234 wrote:Hi I have my appointment (PEO) for Tier 1 extension on the 27th of June. My question can I show my salary statement from May(11) to April(12) ? Will this be a problem.

what about my bank statments for maintainance? Will the supplied bank statement to prove my earning would be enough or will I have to supply them with statments for another month i.e May(12)?
Please provide the bank statements for May 2012 for proof of maintenance funds, additional to your May 11- April 12 bank statements for earnings proof. Also be careful about your statement cycle. The May 2012 bank statement should cover transactions till 27th May 2012. In some cases the caseworker has seen the last transaction date on bank statement and starts counting you last statement period as per the guideline which says 'statements should be dated no earlier than one calendar month from the application date'
Like this case,banks statement last transaction
(I have absolutely no idea why this person was refused, as she submitted the application within 7 days of the last statement date:- this detail on another post).

But my personal advice to you here is It's always better to be safe than sorry, so check your last transaction date of May 2012 bank statement

adityak77
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 extension query

Post by adityak77 » Thu May 17, 2012 9:32 am

silent_warrior wrote:
ammu1234 wrote:Hi I have my appointment (PEO) for Tier 1 extension on the 27th of June. My question can I show my salary statement from May(11) to April(12) ? Will this be a problem.

Please provide the bank statements for May 2012 for proof of maintenance funds, additional to your May 11- April 12 bank statements for earnings proof. Also be careful about your statement cycle. The May 2012 bank statement should cover transactions till 27th May 2012. In some cases the caseworker has seen the last transaction date on bank statement and starts counting you last statement period as per the guideline which says 'statements should be dated no earlier than one calendar month from the application date'
Like this case,banks statement last transaction
(I have absolutely no idea why this person was refused, as she submitted the application within 7 days of the last statement date:- this detail on another post).

But my personal advice to you here is It's always better to be safe than sorry, so check your last transaction date of May 2012 bank statement
Yes, thats a very good point.

I am not sure of other banks but Barclays bank statements have the balance of date mentioned for a period.

e.g 3 rd April - 2nd May 2012 will have balance of date : 2nd May and amount.

Money In:
Money out:

So if you back date 2 months more, it will have balance date and amount