ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent reply please

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ammu1234

Urgent reply please

Post by ammu1234 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi guys....I have been offered to work overseas by my company for one year ( USA) and I am worried it might have an affect on my ILR??? My salary would still be paid in my UK bank account....

shargaur

Post by shargaur » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:39 pm

For ILR major requirement is to complete 5 years in UK apart from you satisfying the PBS.

So doesnt matter how and what currency you will be getting salary. If you are out of UK you can be in problem.

msingh966
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent reply please

Post by msingh966 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:21 pm

ammu1234 wrote:Hi guys....I have been offered to work overseas by my company for one year ( USA) and I am worried it might have an affect on my ILR??? My salary would still be paid in my UK bank account....
I don't agree with Shargaur. Two friends of mine had similar case. One of them was abroad for 7 months continuously but he was single hence there was no family member living in UK during these 7 months. Unfortunately his ILR denied. Employer letter provided for this period saying 'he was abroad for business needs' also didn't work. In another case, he was abroad for 15 months but his wife and daughter were in UK during this period. He went to Croydon for so called premium service but the caseworker said.. your case is related to long absence so I can't take decision. Someone senior will look at the case and can take decision in your favour. If you want the decision now, it can only be a refusal. Aparently, he left all his documents with homeoffice and he was granted ILR. So in a nutshell, family presence also important.

shargaur

Post by shargaur » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:46 pm

Then it doesnt say the rule is different.

The rule simply say 5 yrs unless you are away for business purpose