ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tenancy agreement for child dependant(out of country)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

varghesejim
India

Tenancy agreement for child dependant(out of country)

Post by varghesejim » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:19 pm

The guidance for dependents in this forum says this
The immigration rules (and the policy guidance) don't specify the inclusion of following documents as required but when the main migrant has been living in the UK and can provide them, it is entirely your choice if you wish to do so.
a) Evidence of adequate accommodation through tenancy agreement.
b) Evidence of income through payslips covering last 3-6 months.
The rule regarding dependant child (319H (I) ) says
All arrangements for the child's care and accommodation in the UK must comply with relevant UK legislation and regulations.
So, as per the guidance is it really a choice?

I understand there is no detail regarding what documents should be submitted to show compliance. If I am not submitting the tenancy agreeement for my dependant child(out of country) what potential action can the CW take? Can they reject the application?

Now the background:

I am staying in a shared house. Family is in India and they will come next March. If I take a house now, it is waste of money for us as only I will be staying until March.

However, I want this Visa application for the family to be done with ASAP. So is it OK I apply for my family including newborn kid without providing tenancy agreement?(all other requirements are met)

muhandis.ak

Re: Tenancy agreement for child dependant(out of country)

Post by muhandis.ak » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:23 am

From my experience (applying for a dep visa for my spouse, and helping my friend prepare an application for spouse+kid) - In both cases we did not include any tenancy proof or income proof.

The only additional evidence we attached was proof of relationship and subsistence of relationship through wedding certificate, photographs, names on passport.

K
varghesejim wrote:The guidance for dependents in this forum says this
The immigration rules (and the policy guidance) don't specify the inclusion of following documents as required but when the main migrant has been living in the UK and can provide them, it is entirely your choice if you wish to do so.
a) Evidence of adequate accommodation through tenancy agreement.
b) Evidence of income through payslips covering last 3-6 months.
The rule regarding dependant child (319H (I) ) says
All arrangements for the child's care and accommodation in the UK must comply with relevant UK legislation and regulations.
So, as per the guidance is it really a choice?

I understand there is no detail regarding what documents should be submitted to show compliance. If I am not submitting the tenancy agreeement for my dependant child(out of country) what potential action can the CW take? Can they reject the application?

Now the background:

I am staying in a shared house. Family is in India and they will come next March. If I take a house now, it is waste of money for us as only I will be staying until March.

However, I want this Visa application for the family to be done with ASAP. So is it OK I apply for my family including newborn kid without providing tenancy agreement?(all other requirements are met)

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:33 am

muhandis.ak wrote:From my experience (applying for a dep visa for my spouse, and helping my friend prepare an application for spouse+kid) - In both cases we did not include any tenancy proof or income proof.
Thank you. Can you please confirm whether the kid+spouse application is made out of country(if yes, which country).

On another note, I am really interested to know if they can reject the visa citing lack of tenancy agreement.. I mean, cw have discretion power in certain matter.

muhandis.ak

Post by muhandis.ak » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:40 am

varghesejim wrote:
muhandis.ak wrote:From my experience (applying for a dep visa for my spouse, and helping my friend prepare an application for spouse+kid) - In both cases we did not include any tenancy proof or income proof.
Thank you. Can you please confirm whether the kid+spouse application is made out of country(if yes, which country). Both were out-of-country, India

On another note, I am really interested to know if they can reject the visa citing lack of tenancy agreement.I mean certain things are at CWs discretion I couldn't say for sure. Maybe other members on the site could throw some light on this

sunny007

Post by sunny007 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:50 am

muhandis.ak wrote:
varghesejim wrote:
Thank you. Can you please confirm whether the kid+spouse application is made out of country(if yes, which country). Both were out-of-country, India

On another note, I am really interested to know if they can reject the visa citing lack of tenancy agreement.I mean certain things are at CWs discretion I couldn't say for sure. Maybe other members on the site could throw some light on this
@muhandis and @varghesejim
Now im in the same situation and going to apply for my wife and daughter dependent visa on Tier 2 General visa category, i dont have tanancy aggrement what should i do? would you both like to share your experience regarding this and also plz can you confirm the complete document list for wife and daughter.