ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER1 (General) Extension Postal Payment Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Angshuman

TIER1 (General) Extension Postal Payment Query

Post by Angshuman » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:50 pm

Hello,
The UKBA website (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... eral/cost/)says ,
  • If you are applying online, you must pay your fee online as part of your application.

If you are applying by post or courier, you can choose how to pay your application fee:
With a credit or debit card - American Express, MasterCard, Visa (including Electron), Delta or Maestro (including Solo). For postal and courier payments, we accept only Maestro cards issued in the UK. You must include the card number, the amount paid, the payer's name as it appears on the card, the 'valid from' and expiry dates, the card verification value (CVV) code, the cardholder's signature and the date. The issue number is also needed for Maestro cards.
Does this mean that if I want to pay by Card then -

1. Postal/Courier payment can be ONLY done using a MAESTRO card of UK
& no other cards

OR

2. VISA DEBIT CARD is also fine but if using a Maestro that has to be exclusively of UK.

The context is kind of misleading. Seems like any card is OK for ONLINE payment, but for POSTAL only Maestro UK applies (which I do not have).

I have to submit for visa extn. by end of SEPT 2012. Can somebody help in this regards please ? Can I use VISA DEBIT CARD for payment if I am posting my docs ?

muhandis.ak

Re: TIER1 (General) Extension Postal Payment Query

Post by muhandis.ak » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:23 pm

You can use VISA for postal applications.
Angshuman wrote:Hello,
The UKBA website (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... eral/cost/)says ,
  • If you are applying online, you must pay your fee online as part of your application.

If you are applying by post or courier, you can choose how to pay your application fee:
With a credit or debit card - American Express, MasterCard, Visa (including Electron), Delta or Maestro (including Solo). For postal and courier payments, we accept only Maestro cards issued in the UK. You must include the card number, the amount paid, the payer's name as it appears on the card, the 'valid from' and expiry dates, the card verification value (CVV) code, the cardholder's signature and the date. The issue number is also needed for Maestro cards.
Does this mean that if I want to pay by Card then -

1. Postal/Courier payment can be ONLY done using a MAESTRO card of UK
& no other cards

OR

2. VISA DEBIT CARD is also fine but if using a Maestro that has to be exclusively of UK.

The context is kind of misleading. Seems like any card is OK for ONLINE payment, but for POSTAL only Maestro UK applies (which I do not have).

I have to submit for visa extn. by end of SEPT 2012. Can somebody help in this regards please ? Can I use VISA DEBIT CARD for payment if I am posting my docs ?