ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ICAEW letter for Accountant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

adnanub

ICAEW letter for Accountant

Post by adnanub » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:20 pm

do we need to provide the letter from the ICAEW for the accountant membership with them in addition to the accountant letter for the self employed earning.

adnanub

Re: ICAEW letter for Accountant

Post by adnanub » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:22 pm

Seniors can you please advice on this thanks

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Post by ITGraduate » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:00 pm

Letter from acct who is registered as per home office guidelines is mandatory.

Its not mandatory for you to get your accountants membership letter, but recommended.

Hope this helps!!

adnanub

Post by adnanub » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:31 pm

Thanks

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:02 am

I receive correspondence from my Institute (ICAEW) with my membership number on and have a qualification certificate but no membership letter. I would not provide a copy of my certificate and I would be surprised if many accountants did.

The accountant is more likely to note down their membership number on the letter rather than provide any other proof for you. If you or the UKBA wish to see if your accountant is a member is then you can telephone the relevant Institute themselves.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.