ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Plz help tier1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ali83

Plz help tier1 extension

Post by ali83 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:06 am

Iz anyone knw about london international college whats happen wid college i waz trying to call on number n try to open web site of college but not goin through plz anybody have info share it and if anybody send extension tier 1 through that college plz send me whole info will be very thankful to u guyz
Thanks

ChetanOjha

Re: Plz help tier1 extension

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:49 am

It is better to drop-in to college if you are not able to reach them via email/phone etc. Since it is the matter of visa/extension, you shouldn't reply or sit back and wait for the information from others. Better go to the college and inquire in-person.
ali83 wrote:Iz anyone knw about london international college whats happen wid college i waz trying to call on number n try to open web site of college but not goin through plz anybody have info share it and if anybody send extension tier 1 through that college plz send me whole info will be very thankful to u guyz
Thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:32 pm

Check the PBS calculator and see if your qualification from the institution in question awards you points. If it does, you will be fine .... if not, then I assume it is one of the dodgy institution that have since been downgraded to junk status.

So, before we go any further ... what does the PBS calculator tell you?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

scorpion123

Re: Plz help tier1 extension

Post by scorpion123 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:43 pm

ali83 wrote:Iz anyone knw about london international college whats happen wid college i waz trying to call on number n try to open web site of college but not goin through plz anybody have info share it and if anybody send extension tier 1 through that college plz send me whole info will be very thankful to u guyz
Thanks
LIC closed down as far as I am aware of back in May 2012.

However, same points should still be awarded for Post graduate diploma for visa extension purpose if you relied on same qualification in your initial Tier 1G application and got them according to UKBA guideline notes.

ali83

Thx guys real appreciate but one more query plz help!!

Post by ali83 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:59 am

Thanks guyz realy appreciate for sharing info
I checked on ukba pbs calculator on thier database LIC APPEAR but on lic dey put (to 2007) mean LONDON INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE (to 2007) plz anbody knws info regarding wht itz mean??? N i got info no more existing of college so any body any idea dey UKBA gonna accept tier1 xtension cause applicant alrdy passed his qulaification in 2008 and college close in 2012???
Plz help thankful to u guyz

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:41 am

That would mean, IMHO, that qualifications awarded after 2007 by the institution are either no longer recognized as meeting the standards or if anyone makes an application based on such qualifications (assuming not all students opted for the "buy a degree" route to gain the qualification, and UKBA recognizes that fact) then the application will be subject to strict verification.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!