ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Probs with discrepancy in prev Tier1 application date - help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vhariece
Newly Registered
Switzerland

Probs with discrepancy in prev Tier1 application date - help

Post by vhariece » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi All,

This might be an unsual situation that I am in, as I tried to find something related to what I am facing now and couldnt find anything on here..

Here it goes:

I applied for Tier 1 general extension in person with all the relevant docs yesterday at Croydon PEO. I have a total of 95 points which is fine for immigration rules in place before 19th July 2010. My first Tier 1 application was dated 16th July 2010 i.e., I paid my fees(in cash), submitted my docs, finger prints etc on 16th of July 2010 at VFS Hyderabad. So I expect my application to be valid.

In contrast I have been said that I need 100 points to qualify for extension and my application is liable to be refused. On further discussion with the lady I could only find that the records of UKBA Home Office shows that my first Tier 1 application was dated 20th July 2010. This was a shocker for me. I told her that my first Tier 1 application's date was not 20th but 16th and hence I am eligible.

She then asked me for some proof for the same. I asked her what kind of proof might help me prove that date. She suggested things like the then bank statements showing proof of fees payment, payment receipt, etc. As I remember I paid fees in cash at VFS Hyderabad so I have no proof in statements of debit or credit cards whatsoever. The only option left is the receipt which I dont even remember of. I told her that I have an automated mail from VFS about the confirmation of despatch of my application at the British High Commission on 16th July 2010. Then she gave me a letter stating that I need to provide evidence for the payment of my fees for the previous tier 1 application within 14 days to consider my application.

My questions:
1) Did anyone face such issue?
2) How do I prove my date of application for prev Tier 1?
3) I am trying to find the receipt but I am not sure if I will ever get that, wonder whether the print out of my automated mail will work?
4) Observation that the App Ref No of prev application had date part in it i.e., something like HDAC/160710/xxxxxx/x. Is this specific to VFS or will the Home Office use the same ref no?

Also all my docs are with Home Office now and I am asked to provide the evidence by post by giving a label (address) to send to. Now I dont even have any reference number to track once I post them too.

Any thoughts and suggestions of how this works? or the situations where some docs are missing and been asked to provide them later by post like mine?

Thanks in advance.

tier1-immigrant

Post by tier1-immigrant » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:20 pm

Very disappointing situation. I too had made my first application in 1st week of July 2010, in BLR. I too had paid the fees in cash and did not retain any references for my first application.

I have been following this forum few months before my extension date, and I read about SAR application.

i.e. you can request UKBA to send all the details about your first application.
However the response to SAR request are know to be very slow as against the claimed 45 days. Fortunately I got data before my extension appointment.

Sorry, I am just sharing my similar experience. I don't know what you can do in the given 14days time.

Probably you can request for SAR now, and when you get it and if it happens to be favouring you, you can further take-it up with UKBA.

jaseerabubakar
Newly Registered

Post by jaseerabubakar » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:12 pm

I am also not sure of my initial application date. I just posted the SAR form today. Just wondering, how many days did it take you to get the response for SAR ?
tier1-immigrant wrote:Very disappointing situation. I too had made my first application in 1st week of July 2010, in BLR. I too had paid the fees in cash and did not retain any references for my first application.

I have been following this forum few months before my extension date, and I read about SAR application.

i.e. you can request UKBA to send all the details about your first application.
However the response to SAR request are know to be very slow as against the claimed 45 days. Fortunately I got data before my extension appointment.

Sorry, I am just sharing my similar experience. I don't know what you can do in the given 14days time.

Probably you can request for SAR now, and when you get it and if it happens to be favouring you, you can further take-it up with UKBA.

tier1-immigrant

Post by tier1-immigrant » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:42 pm

As per UKBA it is 45. But it may take more time.

One suggestion. There are many check boxes in the form to request various data about the applicant.

I assume that all those data about the applicant might not be stored in a centralised place, so more time might be required to collect all the data from different locations.

This is just my assumption. I do not know how and where exactly UKBA work internally.

If you just need the date of first application, you tick only that box. U might get it within 45-50 days.

muhandis.ak

Re: Probs with discrepancy in prev Tier1 application date -

Post by muhandis.ak » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:54 am

My friend had the same problem as yours. Her's was a postal application which got rejected on the same grounds even though she had applied on 15th July 2010.

The only thing she knew from the initial application was the VFS Bangalore reference number BLAC/150710/000xxx/1. One of her friends took this number to VFS and got them to give a receipt copy and letter specifying the date of the application.

That worked for her and she did get her rejection overturned.

The VFS part wasn't very easy though, took quite a bit of finding someone who knows someone in VFS and all that.
vhariece wrote:Hi All,

This might be an unsual situation that I am in, as I tried to find something related to what I am facing now and couldnt find anything on here..

Here it goes:

I applied for Tier 1 general extension in person with all the relevant docs yesterday at Croydon PEO. I have a total of 95 points which is fine for immigration rules in place before 19th July 2010. My first Tier 1 application was dated 16th July 2010 i.e., I paid my fees(in cash), submitted my docs, finger prints etc on 16th of July 2010 at VFS Hyderabad. So I expect my application to be valid.

In contrast I have been said that I need 100 points to qualify for extension and my application is liable to be refused. On further discussion with the lady I could only find that the records of UKBA Home Office shows that my first Tier 1 application was dated 20th July 2010. This was a shocker for me. I told her that my first Tier 1 application's date was not 20th but 16th and hence I am eligible.

She then asked me for some proof for the same. I asked her what kind of proof might help me prove that date. She suggested things like the then bank statements showing proof of fees payment, payment receipt, etc. As I remember I paid fees in cash at VFS Hyderabad so I have no proof in statements of debit or credit cards whatsoever. The only option left is the receipt which I dont even remember of. I told her that I have an automated mail from VFS about the confirmation of despatch of my application at the British High Commission on 16th July 2010. Then she gave me a letter stating that I need to provide evidence for the payment of my fees for the previous tier 1 application within 14 days to consider my application.

My questions:
1) Did anyone face such issue?
2) How do I prove my date of application for prev Tier 1?
3) I am trying to find the receipt but I am not sure if I will ever get that, wonder whether the print out of my automated mail will work?
4) Observation that the App Ref No of prev application had date part in it i.e., something like HDAC/160710/xxxxxx/x. Is this specific to VFS or will the Home Office use the same ref no?

Also all my docs are with Home Office now and I am asked to provide the evidence by post by giving a label (address) to send to. Now I dont even have any reference number to track once I post them too.

Any thoughts and suggestions of how this works? or the situations where some docs are missing and been asked to provide them later by post like mine?

Thanks in advance.

visaforv10

Post by visaforv10 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:29 am

Can I ask you what SAR means?
Regards

muhandis.ak

Post by muhandis.ak » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:41 am

It's a 'Subject Access Request' or more simply a Request for personal data that the UKBA holds on you.

This can be used to get an official record of any bit of personal information that they hold about you in their records.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/navig ... onal-data/
visaforv10 wrote:Can I ask you what SAR means?
Regards

tier1-immigrant

Post by tier1-immigrant » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi vhariece

What happened. Were u able to prove you application date ?
Please share anything that could be of help to others.

vhariece
Newly Registered
Switzerland

successfully done

Post by vhariece » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:31 am

Hi All,

Sorry.. have been in all kinds of tense and rushy moments and couldnt login here.. I got the receipt of my first tier1 payment (thankfully got hold of it by mining all my docs) but the only prob was it was back home in India and waited for another 3 days to be delivered by DHL.

Sent the payment reciept, the VFS automated mail print out and a covering letter along with the letter that they gave to me by post and they processed it in 2 days. Then got a call from Home office that my application has been approved and gave me a choice of either collecting all my documents in person or they can send through post. I couldnt wait any longer and chose to go in person and collected all my docs along with approval letter.

2 days later I got the biometric card too.

Now I just am being so careful about preserving everything (however small the document is, related to my tier1) not to have any gloomy moments later.

Thanks all for your conerns, replies and suggestions. Really appreciate it.
tier1-immigrant wrote:Hi vhariece

What happened. Were u able to prove you application date ?
Please share anything that could be of help to others.

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:38 am

Good to hear vhariece that all got sorted at the end...congrats