ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependent - Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

boardUser

Tier 1 dependent - Query

Post by boardUser » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:43 pm

Hi

Need to discuss a bit complicated case ....

My wife came to UK this year on Tier 1 dependent and she has got the visa till the end of this year (same date as mine). I plan to apply for the extension for my self however she has plan to go back to the home country in December and not apply for the extension right now.

My query is that if I get an extension and later on (may be middle of the next year) she applies for the dependent visa again from outside the UK then would she be able to get it or is it likely that she will get a refusal.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:54 pm

She may apply for EC if and when she wishes to, but may be subject to the new rules introduced on 09-Jul-12 (read 5 years to settlement from the date she enters UK with the new EC).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

boardUser

Post by boardUser » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:03 pm

Thanks for the quick response :)

Yea that's fine, as long as UKBA doesn't have any 'technical' issues with her doing that (like I mean I will show that we have got funds, and our relation ship is sustaining etc etc) but apart from that as long as I have got an extension then she is able to apply for her's from the home country (even though she has already been here on Tier 1 dependent visa but did not renew it upon expiry and instead went back for some time).

Please let me know if anyone sees problems in doing that.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:04 pm

Applying for EC is not a problem. UKBA cannot question why she traveled abroad and applied for EC to return, rather than applying for extension from within the UK before she left / before her leave expired.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!