ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ukba slow process tier 1 general application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rickygee
Newly Registered

Ukba slow process tier 1 general application

Post by Rickygee » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:27 am

Uk Border Agency service standards set out how quickly they aim to decide immigration applications.

For applications made inside the UK under Tier 1 of the points-based system, the standard is that we will decide 90 per cent of applications within 4 weeks of the applicant attending a biometric appointment.

Homeoffice have claim 90% application decide with in 4 weeks but they gave wrong figure in their home office web sites.

Unfortunately 90% applicants are still waiting from last sixth month and their decision is in pending. These figure are much higher in thousands.Even homeoffice can't give answer within six month and simply tell to people to withdraw their cases in emergencies basis .

It is requested to british GOVT. to give extra staff to ukba (homeoffice)to resolve these issues. People are very badly affected due to slow processing from last one year. It is responsibility of govt take action in emergency basis .

Every person hace responsibility to write letters to ukba homeoffice and British Govt and tell about these serious issues. Thanks

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:50 pm

Very good idea.

My friend got his ILR last week in Croydon in less than 2 hours and caseworker processed his application for only 15 min!!! Then, why the postal applications take more than 6 months??? I really dont know why they can process an application in 2 hours when applying in person but the same application takes ages???

Any good contact? For example, UKBA, Home Office, Parliament, Office of Prime Minister or Chief Inspector of UKBA?

lesbere
- thin ice -

Post by lesbere » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:14 pm

Really sad state of affairs. I posted mine since August, did my Biometrics since September and here are I no word from UKBA. Considering I paid close to £4000 for myself and dependants. Absolutely ridiculous and poor service from UKBA. No amount of complain will make them change! I feel really gutted. SMH

poshah
Newly Registered

Post by poshah » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:23 pm

I agree, the processing has been really slow, it is taking close to 5 months from the time one posts the application. Until the old backlog is cleared, it is very tough for processing to be done soon. And now it appears that they are on holidays for Christmas hence the dates are not moving.

I got my visa exactly 4 months from the date of my biometrics..it is indeed a very very slow process !!!

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:44 am

Immigration is simply not a priority for the government - the only priority is to get net immigration to go down. There is no good reason based on this for them to throw more resources at it and make it go any quicker.

Despite being painful and stressful, I still see this as a privilege and I am thankful to at least have this opportunity. I'm not going to bite the hand that feeds me...

Look at Canada - waiting times is much longer - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informatio ... ed-fed.asp (they measure it in months, but it should be years!!). Long before considering the UK, I was considering Canada (this was around 2007). If I had applied back then, I would have still been waiting as they have a huge backlog of cases pre-2008.

I am grateful of the opportunity I'm being afforded.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:13 pm

The problem is that why in person application can be decided in couple of hours but postal should take ages? It seems that they can process the applications much quicker.

About Canada, there is no in person application there. In addition, it takes years but finally you get permanent residency and not a visa and huge amount of stress afterward!

It is a mistake that UKBA compares itself usually to Canada and Australia whereas there are big differences between these systems.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:30 pm

1. In person applications which are decided quickly are generally the easier ones to do - straight-forward applications are the ones which fly through.
2. The workload for in-person applications is significantly less compared to postal applications. Can you imagine how many people the UKBA would have to employ if they had the same caseworker-to-applicant ratio as for in-person applications? It's simply not feasible and not a priority (instead, the UKBA has suffered cuts in staffing levels).
3. Permanent residency in Canada in the skilled worker route can be compared to a Tier 1 visa in the UK in that the rights both receive are similar. In effect PR in Canada is similar to a Tier 1 visa, except that in the UK you have to re-prove some things before you can get citizenship (and it's a costlier process).
4. The stress is all relative and I can guarantee you that applicants to other countries also experience stress. Personally, until I withdrew my application to Canada, that was much more stressful, but as I said, it's all relative.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:13 pm

1-I agree about straightforward application for in person application. But are all of the postal application not straightforward? Many of them are as easy as in person one and again takes ages to be processed.

2-UKBA can employ many more caseworker to address this problem. They charge the highest application fee but offer a very bad quality service.

3-How could you compare Canadian PR to Tier 1? They are significantly different. When you get PR of Canada you will not any more stress and it will be only a matter of time to apply for Citizenship. You can work, study anything you want and no one ask you about your income and no one will refuse you due to some simple traffic offense. I have many friends who applied for Canada and now get their PR and they have had much less stress than me.

4-I agree in part with you. I do not compare UK with other European countries. They are disgusting. I have experience of immigration to France and forget it completely. But as I told you I am going to rank the countries according to their immigration system with no doubt I will put Canada and Australia at first and after that I could put UK. I agree that for example UK embassies process visa application somewhere in less than a week and German embassy process the same application in months.

Overally, I again think that we should contact government about this matter. It seems that Tier 1 applications are becoming a new Legacy for UKBA.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:53 pm

1. Even if the caseworker-to-applicant ratio was the same as for in-person applications (which it obviously is not), do you not think that the complicated cases which generally aren't dealt with at PEO's do not slow down the process?
2. Well they don't and they won't. The UKBA reduced their staff numbers by almost 2000 in 2010 and this is set to continue until 2014 (I think the total number of staff they want to shed is around 5000). What are you comparing their service to, to say that it's bad quality?
3. You are forgetting about the stricter entry criteria for Canada. Also, you cannot be refused a visa or ILR for a simple traffic offense in the UK. In both countries if it turns into a criminal matter, you are in trouble. On Tier 1 you can also study anything if you like, the only requirement is to remain economically active (which isn't a bad thing!!) Both are economic migrant routes generally leading to long-term migration.

Why would the government throw money or resources at something to speed it up when they want to get the numbers down?