ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help- Sriously relying on this Forum

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Oasis-inin
Newly Registered

Urgent Help- Sriously relying on this Forum

Post by Oasis-inin » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:47 pm

Guys,

I am really sorry that I have to start a new topic as in my earlier topic there were arround 167 views but no replies.

Please can you answer my query urgently
If one is going for a 2nd Tier 1 extention, what should be the length of the extention 2 or 3 years?

History
Intial HSMP Feb 2008
Tier 1 Extn Feb 2010 for 3years
2nd Extention ???

I would sincerely appreciate your help.

Kindest regards,

xrootx

Post by xrootx » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:13 pm

You will get 2 years extension.

Oasis-inin
Newly Registered

Post by Oasis-inin » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:19 pm

@xrootx
Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

I am sure I have read it somewhere that one would always get the same length of extention as his/her first extention but I can't seem to find that document.

I might be wrong but do you reckon this has ever been a case?

Thanks

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:23 pm

245CB. Period and conditions of grant(a)
Leave to remain will be granted for a period of 2 years, to an applicant who has, or was last granted, leave as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the Rules in place before 6 April 2010.

(b) in all other cases, leave to remain will be granted for a period of 3 years.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

xrootx

Post by xrootx » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:26 pm

Oasis-inin wrote:@xrootx

I am sure I have read it somewhere that one would always get the same length of extention as his/her first extention but I can't seem to find that document.

Thanks
Why don't you apply for ILR as you have already completed your 5 years , 2 on HSMP and 3 on Tier 1.

Oasis-inin
Newly Registered

Post by Oasis-inin » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:07 pm

xrootx wrote:
Oasis-inin wrote:@xrootx

Thanks
Why don't you apply for ILR as you have already completed your 5 years , 2 on HSMP and 3 on Tier 1.
Because I started 1.3 year late . so I have to have another 3 years extention..so Do you reckon that I wud need to go for one more extention? or is there any way to get 3 years extention?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:59 pm

Does it matter so much then whether you get 2 or 3 years? You'll reach your 5 years even with a 2 year extension.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

Oasis-inin
Newly Registered

Post by Oasis-inin » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:35 pm

I know what you mean but its good to b safe than sorry... I m coming back to original qs is there anyway to get 3years or it is just a rule to get 2year extn in your 2nd extn application???? Sorry to be a pain

tier1_aspirant123

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:12 pm

as mulderpf mentioned it appears u will get 2 years extension. but i was wondering, if say as per rule it is 2 years what you can do to make it 3? in either case you will apply for extension right?
Tier1 Aspirant

Oasis-inin
Newly Registered

Post by Oasis-inin » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:51 am

tier1_aspirant123 wrote:as mulderpf mentioned it appears u will get 2 years extension. but i was wondering, if say as per rule it is 2 years what you can do to make it 3? in either case you will apply for extension right?
Good morning,
I totally understand mulderpf quote regarding the extention and you are right I can not do anything but some tme there are some hidden rules somewhere as I said before I have read in past somewhere that extention will always be of the same duration throughout.

So that was sole reason to ask.. I am sorry If I have offended someone. My intention was to get advice as this forum has loads of experienced member who deals with day to day issues/concerns.

Many thanks and have a lovely day!

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:08 am

if it's 3 months short only, then you may try postal application, these days it takes 5-6 months and visa is mostly granted from date of application(not guaranteed). so in all you may get covered because in delay in processing.