ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Dependent Work Restrictions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vsk106

Tier1 Dependent Work Restrictions

Post by vsk106 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:53 pm

I believe Tier1 Dependent as same work restrictions as Main Applicant. Dependent can do any work other than Doctor practice/Sports. She can work as long as her visa valid irrespective of whether main applicant lives in UK and has job or not

But one of the Employer rejects Job Offer for Dependent visa holder with following reason

"Dependent should allow to work as long as Main applicant is living in UK.As main applicant working for different company, we don’t have control on whether he lives in UK or not/When he leaves from UK . So we cannot give offer to dependent visa holder unless main applicant also working for same organization."

Experts, Could you please give any official link from UKBA site, which mentions dependent visa holder can work without above restrictions. So that i can discuss with employer based on that.

Manka10

Re: Tier1 Dependent Work Restrictions

Post by Manka10 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:15 pm

vsk106 wrote:"Dependent should allow to work as long as Main applicant is living in UK.As main applicant working for different company, we don’t have control on whether he lives in UK or not/When he leaves from UK . So we cannot give offer to dependent visa holder unless main applicant also working for same organization."
thats the most ridiculous thing i have heard in a long time :lol:
Manka

paribus

Post by paribus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:26 pm

Is the company reply you typed in here verbatim? is the role you are applying for a permanent role?

What I can deduce from this not-so-clear statement is that the company is a bit sceptical in considering you for the role as they think (albeit wrongly) that since your continued right to live and work in the UK is dependent on your husband continuously maintaing/renewing his own right to live and snce they have no control over his intention or lack of intention to maintain this right, they won't want fully commit to employing you if all of a sudden, your husband decides tomorrow, he's had enough of the UK and decide not to renew his visa.

In my personal opinion, this is bladerdash and I think it's just a company not wanting to state categorically that we can only employ you once you have an ILR. On the other hand, a company giving this reason doesn't seem like a suitable company to want to work for anyway.
We burn the midnight oil seeking for PEO appointments and up again early to resume our all-important jobs to keep us in the country. We are Highly Skilled Immigrants - in every sense of the word!

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:37 pm

I have seen companies being sceptical about employing dependant visa holders in the past cause they think that the person himself/herself does not have much control on the end date/extension of their visa. In most cases, companies only issue an FTC (Fixed Term Contract) to such employees rather than permanant employment.